Holidays Thread : Where you off to?

RancidPunx

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

We’re off to Singapore at the end of the month. First time in that part of the world, any and all tips and recommendations gratefully taken!

It's wonderful.  You'll be treated like a King as they love the English and encourage everyone to speak it.  There are three main groups, the Chinese, Malay, and Indian and there are areas that reflect it, Chinatown has loads of great places to explore and the temples are wonderful.  There are 3 main quays along the river, Clarkes Quay is the more "Hotspot" kind of place.  If a bar is doing a "One for one" deal, it means you get your next round free.  I thought it meant buy a drink and get one free so I was well confused when I saw them bringing over a round I hadn't yet ordered when they noticed I was nearly finished my last one!

Don't drop litter or chewing gum, massive fines for those who do!

• Paid Members

Not so much as holiday, but heading down south, Portsmouth-way to see some of the other half’s family.

I am, however, off to New York in July for a joint conference–holiday. Conference is two days, but staying for six nights.

• Paid Members

I'm off to book the mini-moon today, which will be for the first week of December. It'll probably be Amsterdam as that's where I popped the question (right below the huge Christmas Tree near the National Monument) and it'll be during Christmas too, so double romantic points. I'll be looking to see if I can get a deal from the travel agent if I book the full-on honeymoon for next year at the same time. We're thinking Thailand for that one but it won't be until next March at the earliest.

Other than that, my stag do is in October and whilst I'm not meant to know where it is, one of my groomsmen accidentally let slip that it's in Dublin. I've never been before so I'm well excited, and it'll be during Oktoberfest as well so I'm sure I'll remember none of it afterwards.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I'm going to try and get to Cornwall to dick around with my mate for a couple of days. Being a little light of cash as I can be I'm going to have to spend the best part of a day travelling each day by National Express. We'll probably try and make it up to the Scottish Borders to see some friends as well. 

• Paid Members
On 5/3/2019 at 9:20 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Tenerife is better than youd think. Yes theres the Brits abroad stuff, but some amazing places. Where you off?

I think we're going to be Brits abroad... Not sure where abouts. It won't be pretty.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, Tommy! said:

I'm finally off to a Oxford at the end of June. It's been on my list for a while, so now I'm settled back in the UK it's finally getting ticked off. I've got a nice 10 pub day planned and a day of seeing the sights. I'm on the lookout for an endeavour tour too. 

If anyone from here who isn't a cunt lives down there I'd be happy to buy them a drink. 

Which pubs do you have on the list? I’ll let you know if any of them are worth swerving

• Paid Members

Going to Normandy in 3 weeks for the 75th anniversary of D-Day. Been going over the itinerary today as we’re there for a fortnight and, as you can imagine, there’s a hell of a lot going on. Plus, I’m on the organising team for an event called Daks Over Normandy which sees 35+ C-47s flying from Duxford to Caen so it means I have to get back to the UK for the 5 June to then fly back to Normandy in one of the planes along with 300 paratroopers who will be jumping out over the beaches. I’m very excited.

Apart from this I only have a weekend away this year planned as yet. Going to the Goodwood Festival in September. Also, need to save anyway as next Feb I’m doing Disneyland Paris and then in May/June I’m doing a West Coast US road trip from Seattle to LA.

Edited by Monkee