Holidays Thread : Where you off to?

RancidPunx

Right, please delete ignore if there is a similar thread. 

So anybody off any where decent on their holidays or anybody looking for recommendations etc ...then post here.

Im taking my Dad to Holland for a few days in May.

He worked in the shipyards as a shipbuilder/welder in a place called heusden when he was in his 20’s. He is 82 now so I asked him if there anywhere he would like to visit, and he said he would like to go back and see the old place where he lived and worked .

So off we go to Heusden for 3 nights.

Be nice for the ol’ fella. 

Anybody doing anything interesting or have any big trips coming up? 

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

A weekend in Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights with my Podcast team in September. Upcoming family trip Majorca. First time the kids are flying and worried. My daughter is very excited but I have a non verbal autistic son who will not know what is happening really. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Brussels next Wednesday for a night, Lanzarote on the 16th May for 10 days and Eurodisney in July. 

Dreading Lanzarote though. Because Lanzarote 

First time going to Disneyland Paris? Where you staying?

• Paid Members

I'm finally off to a Oxford at the end of June. It's been on my list for a while, so now I'm settled back in the UK it's finally getting ticked off. I've got a nice 10 pub day planned and a day of seeing the sights. I'm on the lookout for an endeavour tour too. 

If anyone from here who isn't a cunt lives down there I'd be happy to buy them a drink. 

• Paid Members

I did a week in Tenerife in January, I was very pleasantly surprised by it. I always had a certain... Brits abroad image of the place, but I loved it.

In June I'm on honeymoon for 10 nights at El Dorado Casitas Royale in Mexico, so if anyone has any tips for there I'd appreciate it.

With a bit of luck, and some good will from the other half, we may get a week in crete sometime too. Stalis is my favourite place ever.

• Moderators

A week in Somerset with my extended family. Fun for all the cousins getting to play with each other and grandparents for babysitting. Should be great!

Also going to take a long weekend to go visit my bother in Germany over the August bank holiday.

Man, the idea of what a holiday is has really changed since becoming a parent..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Awards Moderator

We’re off to Singapore at the end of the month. First time in that part of the world, any and all tips and recommendations gratefully taken!

(for example, I understand the airport has loads of cool things to do but if our flight back isn’t until the night time can we still go there in the daytime and do the cool airport things or are they all after you’ve checked in and gone through security?)

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I did a week in Tenerife in January, I was very pleasantly surprised by it. I always had a certain... Brits abroad image of the place, but I loved it.

Going my cousin's Stag do there in July. Not sure I can hack the planned 3 nights.

Off to Belgium in just under a week's time for a long weekend.

A friend who I was at Uni lives out there and a group of us go over every year to see him and as a way of staying in touch.  Initially we used to alternate in that we'd meet in Belgium one year, then the next he'd come back to the UK and so on, but as we got older and marriage and kids came along it was easier to make it an annual trip over there. Having a night in Antwerp before spending a couple of days in his home town and then flying back.  Really looking forward to it as always.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Going my cousin's Stag do there in July. Not sure I can hack the planned 3 nights.

Tenerife is better than youd think. Yes theres the Brits abroad stuff, but some amazing places. Where you off?

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

A week in Somerset with my extended family. Fun for all the cousins getting to play with each other and grandparents for babysitting. Should be great!

Also going to take a long weekend to go visit my bother in Germany over the August bank holiday.

Man, the idea of what a holiday is has really changed since becoming a parent..

It really does, doesn’t it? Those breaks where you get all the extended family together can be great though. My family is all over the place. I’ve got most of my immediate family near me in Birmingham and I’ve got family members in London, Ireland and Canada who I don’t see nearly as often as I’d like. I miss my sister the most though. Of the four siblings in my family we’re the closest in age and we’ve always been close and had similar interests and stuff (she loves combat sports as much as me). But she works all over the place these days and spends most of her time in Portugal now so I only see her once or twice a year if I’m lucky. But we’re all connecting in London in August for my mum’s 60th and I can’t wait. My son will be 1 by then and he’s never even been in the same room as my sister’s little daughter so that will be nice. It’ll be pretty special to get everyone together and get some pictures and stuff. My mum thinks we’re all just visiting her sister in London, which we are, but she doesn’t realise everyone will be getting together and my sister and niece are coming from Portugal and stuff. 

Then me and my wife and the kids are going to Vancouver in October to see my aunt and cousins out there. Last time we were over there was Christmas 2012 and I popped the question to my girlfriend. Now when we go back we’ll have been married 5 years and we have the 2 little ‘uns. Time is weird. How can that last trip seem so recent yet so long ago at the same time? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

A week in Somerset with my extended family. Fun for all the cousins getting to play with each other

Sounds more like a week in Norfolk.