Avengers End Game contains spoiler n stuff

chokeout

So those reappearing after 5 years, legally the 16 year olds at the school now 21? Makes for a big ethical question re marriage, joining army etc. Folk getting to retire “early”. This needs project managed haha

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tommy! said:

giphy.gif

Please don’t use my favourite muppets and an out of context quote. You know the point I’m making. People have invested 11 years and 21 films to see the end of this saga. Spoiling that for someone is not the same as spoiling the end of another film. BOTH are dick moves, but one is far more harsh then the other. The fact I saw photos of and people say Tony Stark dies hours before the wide release is just not cool

I don’t think I have ever seen the cinema I use in Falkirk as busy as it was Wednesday night for the midnight showing. 

On second watch, there’s more flaws and things that bothered me, like why was Barton given the stone, he didn’t sacrifice black widow, she took her own life. 

But all in, I adore it. Everyone I have spoken to has said the same things to where people cried, every cinema let out a cheer for Cap lifting the hammer for the first time, a great collective experience 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Louch said:

I don’t think I have ever seen the cinema I use in Falkirk as busy as it was Wednesday night for the midnight showing. 

On second watch, there’s more flaws and things that bothered me, like why was Barton given the stone, he didn’t sacrifice black widow, she took her own life. 

But all in, I adore it. Everyone I have spoken to has said the same things to where people cried, every cinema let out a cheer for Cap lifting the hammer for the first time, a great collective experience 

I just recorded a podcast about Endgame.  I said you can find flaws but it can still be highly enjoyable and be considered an excellent film because of how it makes you feel. I love Tron Legacy but it’s far from a great film, but it’s still a favourite of mine because of the emotional attachment I have to it

• Paid Members

Did anyone spot Nick Fury in the final battle? I'm surprised he didn't get a brief high spot. As far as I could tell he was only at the funeral.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, DEF said:

Did anyone spot Nick Fury in the final battle? I'm surprised he didn't get a brief high spot. As far as I could tell he was only at the funeral.

I thought he was going to turn up in a helicarrier during the bit when they raised their guns (when Captain Marvel returns) but everyone reappeared at the point of the snap so he was probably just on a random street in a city away from everything. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Worst hair do was a crowded field with The Big Thor, Captain Marvel, and Hawkeye all sporting shocking barnets.

The Big Thorbowski surely. But agree. Clearly Ant-Man won best hair though.

also has anyone mentioned the joy of Korg on Earth?

Well, that just ruined me. 11 years of investment in a franchise that absolutely paid off in spades. So many nods and callbacks, highs and lows, couldn't ask for more.

Some of the nit-picking is shocking; Cap took a raincheck on his dance with Peggy at the end of his first film, so we absolutely needed to get the payoff to that. Having a chat with Falcon isn't the final scene of the character's arc, it's the dance.

The reason it had to be Cap putting the stones back - it could only be him or Thor as Mjolnir also needed to be returned. Paul Rudd is worthy but Ant-man is not.

It seems like the next overarching plot device will be divergent realities, and the consequences. For it to be such a focal point made by The Ancient One, then for so many changes made to past events (2014 Thanos going to the future then dying along with his army, Cap going back to see out his time with Peggy, Nebula killing her younger self, Loki stealing the Tesseract) it's definitely not by accident.

Also - Falcon taking the shield is interesting. i do wonder if the next Captain America film will go anywhere near the #notmycaptainamerica stuff that the comics tackled.