Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

16 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Ronnie working everyone with that interview. Doherty getting more frustrated with everything he says is a good laugh. 

He's been working them ever since the victory over Ding.  It really was incredible stuff in both semi's today.

Saw the following on Twitter from someone I follow:  There really is no-one else like him and Snooker will be for the worse the day he does finally call it quits.

I love Ronnie O'Sullivan. I do. And I can also totally appreciate how if you're mad into snooker and don't like him, having such a singular personality dominating your interest must grate. Anyone who doesn't think he's living the gimmick at this point is fucking lost, though. Selby calling him out in that post match for showing disrespect by lashing into the pack - thereby interrupting Selbyball at all costs - was similarly lost. 

That being said I wouldn't mind at all if he gets thumped in the final, just to draw narrative from that interview he gave a few nights back.

18 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I love Ronnie O'Sullivan. I do. And I can also totally appreciate how if you're mad into snooker and don't like him, having such a singular personality dominating your interest must grate. Anyone who doesn't think he's living the gimmick at this point is fucking lost, though. Selby calling him out in that post match for showing disrespect by lashing into the pack - thereby interrupting Selbyball at all costs - was similarly lost. 

That being said I wouldn't mind at all if he gets thumped in the final, just to draw narrative from that interview he gave a few nights back.

O'Sullivan did an interview with Stephen Hendry during lockdown and Hendry asked him if there was any match in his career he would replay which would it be.  He said the final he lost to Selby because he got drawn into Selby's game and he wished he'd have attacked more.  Tonight he was just not having it.  Selby is known for coming back to the table needing multiple snookers, when in theory the frame is long gone, to disrupt his opponent's rhythm and slow them down.  O'Sullivan wasn't prepared to play that and it totally threw Selby off.

Anyway, here's O'Sullivan making a maximum quicker than it took Selby to play one shot.

• Paid Members

You’d think Selby would know by now that Ronnie, a very fast and sometimes impatient player, wasn’t gonna keep fucking around with snookers and just smash the ball and get on with it. Because he has that mentality that he doesn’t care if he wins or loses, he doesn’t want a slow game. So by doing that, he actually got to Selby. 

I’m hoping Ronnie wins it. But would not be disappointed if Wilson wins as he’s a cracking player. 

The clip@Magnum Milanoposted is the reason I detested snooker as a kid. My dad loves snooker and would always make us watch it and I would get bored shitless just watching people walk around the table and not take a shot. As an adult I can appreciate he is trying to be tactful but God it's boring to watch. 

• 3 weeks later...

So Stephen Hendry has took up the offer a Tour Card and is coming out of retirement to play on the main tour for at least the next two years.

He had moments in the Seniors where he at times looked very good, but did end up losing to Jimmy White, who always takes up an invitational card and has done nothing on the tour for years.  Considering he gave up playing because he could no longer compete and wasn't winning, this seems a strange decision and one that has come completely out of left field.

I'm interested to see how he gets on, and presume he's going to continue working with Sight Right, but really am not expecting much.

It was good to see Hendry playing so well at the seniors but one of the reasons he retired is he hated not winning, so I can't see him enjoying it when he comes up against the top players. As much as I'm happy to see him back on the tour it's hard to see him getting a result against Trump, Ronnie, Selby or any of those guys. 

On the subject of the world seniors, that final was pretty incredible. Jimmy was my hero growing up and I don't think I've ever seen him hold his nerve that well. From being a few balls away from losing 5-0 to come back and win 5-4 was quite something