• Moderators
8 minutes ago, dopper said:

Can anybody recommend where to go for something that will download and convert Youtube videos to mp3?

I just googled it and there were loads of options, but I was wondering if one was more reliable than the rest.

A mate recommended 'Airy' but that appears to be for Mac's whereas I am using a PC. 

For video to mp3, I just run them through https://www.y2mate.com/en64

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I learned my mum took her phone to Tesco Mobile in-store because it wasn't opening web links. It turns out that's because Chrome had 158 tabs open.

To be fair, none of the providers will give you a WiFi router that’s close to being decent. BT, Plusnet, Virgin and TalkTalk all send out poor quality, bottom-of-the-range kit that’ll just about get y

Just remember that the single best "smart" feature you can buy on a TV is "more HDMI sockets." Don't rely on any built-in apps/streaming services/whatever that could be switched off or unsupported at

Posted Images

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Any recommendations for a very basic video editing software that will run on (and not overpower) a Chromebook? Cheers

A Chromebook is a tall order. If all you want to do is top and tail you might be better using PowerPoint and exporting as MP4. 

There is a mega basic editor built into YouTube as well, but for anything like splicing clips together you'll need at least a regular laptop. 

54 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

A Chromebook is a tall order. If all you want to do is top and tail you might be better using PowerPoint and exporting as MP4. 

There is a mega basic editor built into YouTube as well, but for anything like splicing clips together you'll need at least a regular laptop. 

It's just for the kids pissing about whilst they're stuck at home, so I'll give that or PowerDirector a go. Cheers dude.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, SuperBacon said:

Feels a bit '1st world problems' at the moment, but my TV's (Samsung) picture all of a sudden faded last night, and now when I turn it on, the picture is faint/flickering.

Any one know what it could be before I buy a new one? I think it's only about 3 years old, but could be wrong (a friend gave it to me, but he's in South America at the moment so can't ask him). Not massively arsed for a few days myself, but i've got the kids all week, and although they won't be sat in front of it all day, it'd be nice to have the option.

I've tried turning it off and on again, and leaving a lengthy gap between putting back on, and it seems to just do the same.

Cheers.

This has happened again, but the pictures almost completely gone, and happened all of a sudden. There is sound, but a very, very dim picture. I've tried all the googled things like resetting, leaving it off power for an hour, and its still not having it.

It seems like a common backlight problem, but hoping someone might be able to suggest a fix as I really can't be shelling out for a new TV right now.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Best place for TVs? Nothing fancy, sub ÂŁ200, 32 and above, smart connected.

Shall I just go to Argos?

Argos or Currys is usually my go-to really. Nothing much changed over the years. I generally do a price compare over Amazon but TVs in general aren't too much different across the board. Worth paying attention to specs though as a lot of brands take the piss for name value only.

3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Argos or Currys is usually my go-to really. Nothing much changed over the years. I generally do a price compare over Amazon but TVs in general aren't too much different across the board. Worth paying attention to specs though as a lot of brands take the piss for name value only.

Not a fussy person for brands or whatever, and there seems to be only the difference of a tenner here and there between the shops. Might just be who can deliver quickest and cheapest as I am way too lazy to spend a week comparing.

Speaking of TVs, does anyone know of a brand that has a decent responsive menu system? We've got an LG, and the layout is fine but it takes an age to do anything, I'm particular the TV guide is a massive chore. I never really see stuff like this mentioned in reviews. 

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not a fussy person for brands or whatever, and there seems to be only the difference of a tenner here and there between the shops. Might just be who can deliver quickest and cheapest as I am way too lazy to spend a week comparing.

Pretty much how my shopping went for a 4k. My previous HD TV was an M&S own brand which lasted about 8 years. Went with a Hisense this time. I genuinely don't see much benefit to the bigger brands but hey some people like to splash out. I bought mine about 6 months ago now so it was very much who could actually deliver because it was a right ballache with stuff not being in stock etc. I'm assuming it'll be better now..

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 4:56 PM, gmoney said:

Speaking of TVs, does anyone know of a brand that has a decent responsive menu system? We've got an LG, and the layout is fine but it takes an age to do anything, I'm particular the TV guide is a massive chore. I never really see stuff like this mentioned in reviews. 

The more expensive LGs are much more responsive, it feels like such a bastard thing to cheap out on and isn’t conducive to getting repeat customers IMVHO.  I’ve got the absolute lowest end LG HD only bought in 2017 (prob the last line before everything went 4K as standard) and the interface is fucking abysmal. The TV and most of the apps we get through the Virgin box so it’s not so bad for us, but they recently ditched TiVo for some “Virgin 360” shite and it’s the most palpable downgrade of any interface imaginable. Wankers. 

Edited by hallicks

I got two biggish Samsung 4K smart telly’s and it’s the cheaper smaller of the two that’s much more responsive. It’s only a year newer too. It’s going to be my main defence when  I’m justifying the purchase of an LG OLED that we can’t afford at some point in the near future.

Edited by Mr_Danger
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I got two biggish Samsung 4K smart telly’s and it’s the cheaper smaller of the two that’s much more responsive. It’s only a year newer too. It’s going to be my main defence when  I’m justifying the purchase of an LG OLED that we can’t afford at some point in the near future.

I got a LG OLED 48" at the start of the year and would usually feel bad spending as much as it was but 0 regrets. Do it.