SuperBacon

Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

3 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Worried about Jerichoā€™sĀ involvement in the Benoit one, he has said a few things in the pastĀ whichĀ to me rather questionable.

I've seen the first part of the Benoit one. Nothing to offensive really in part one, but he's definitely had something up his nose prior to filming. He sounds quite wired and blocked up.

I said this on twitter the other night, but its one thing to see pictures of Daniel and be like "that's a shame." It's another to see footage of him with that big smile on his face playing around with his brother looking so happy. It gave me a bit of a lump in my throat. Poor little sod.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

54 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Confused how they'd have got enough for an episode of Road Warriors unless it's about Hawks addiction issues in the late 90s being played out on TV?

Hawk was a fucking maniac. In his WON obituary, there was a bit about how, in the 80s, it was a thing for bodybuilders to inject themself with rhesus monkey hormones, and that as a result, the second he woke up every morning, he wanted to murder somebody.

Hawk decided to not go back to the US while over here for SummerSlam 92, because he'd joined a motorcycle gang and was enjoying their company more than Animal Joe. He was genuinely mad.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yep that's absolutely a must watch now.Ā 

The Brawl for All episode could be good as well.Ā 

@kidzeroĀ if itā€™s like the last series then itā€™llĀ probably be shown on the Vice channel on Sky but not for a few weeks, maybe months. You should be able to watch them on Viceā€™s website as they become available though. I think anyway.Ā 

Saw the 1st part onĀ Chris Benoit. Very chilling. Not just the narrative leading up to the incident, but there are details relating to EddieĀ Guerreroā€™s death I did not know about. Chavo really puts you there šŸ˜³

Just now, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

If you have Sky the first series is available on demand from Vice. I'm on the Gino Hernandez episode right now. Grim stuff.

It's also available on All4 for anyone who doesn't have Sky.

1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

The craziest bit of the story was when they introduced JR with a slow-mo shot of him in cool shades, like Mr. Cunt from Reservoir Dogs.

"COULD IT BE REAL? IT CANT BE REAL ... (normal voice) it was."

Absolute arsehole talking aboutĀ a murder-suicide as if its Dude Love makings his return on Heat.

If Dana Warrior ever stops beingĀ paid a salary by Vince I'd love to see an episode on the Ultimate Warrior Jim Hellwig. He is a fascinating character.

- the male prostitute rumoursĀ 

- competing in all the bodybuilding stuff, Mr Georgia

- coming out of the Monster Factory with Steve BordenĀ 

- their runs in the territories as the Freedom Fighters and Blade RunnersĀ 

- the Watts fall out and split from StingĀ 

- the popularity of the Dingo Warrior gimmick in Texas (Tony Atlas says he was bigger than the Von Erichs even as a heel)

- the big move to WWFĀ 

- the name change controversy from Dingo to UltimateĀ 

- the phenonman success over a short period and Mania win over Hogan

- the allegation of subsiquently holding up Vince for money and being firedĀ 

- steroid drug bust with Davey Boy which lead to the 92 departureĀ 

- Squash match with Helmsley at ManiaĀ 

- the failed comic book and "destrucity"

- fall out and legal action with Vince over the contract dispute and their use of his 'always believe' chatchprase

- his physical changes and rumours of deathĀ 

- his legal battles over the name "Ultimate Warrior" with VinceĀ 

- his horse shit run in WCWĀ 

- his right wing conservative speaking tour and beliefs - "queering doesn't make the world work" comment

- his on-line PPV match in Spain when he was way past his primeĀ 

- his bitter legal battle over the "Self Distruction of the Ultimate Warrior" DVD

- detail behind the positive change in relations with Hunter and the WWE Ā 

- Hall of Fame and Wrestlemania reconnection with talent after yearsĀ 

- that final promo on Raw and untimely deathĀ 

Christ that would probably need to be trimmed a fair bit...

Edited by IronSheik