Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBacon

Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

@LCJ I think it’s on there because when the network was launching, having “every PPV ever” was a key part of its marketing.

Had Over The Edge 99 not been there, and while any normal person would’ve understood why, there would’ve been some mutuants kicking up a stink about had it been left off. I know you said that you watched it as a prelude to a podcast which I can understand, but why anyone would watch it for any other reason is beyond me- “oh, you know what I fancy watching? The show Owen Hart died at”

While some people would have cried about it, no doubt, anyone with any decency would see that as no reason at all to put it on there. If they ever hide behind that, they're cowards as well as scumbags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

While some people would have cried about it, no doubt, anyone with any decency would see that as no reason at all to put it on there. If they ever hide behind that, they're cowards as well as scumbags.

Totally agree, the vast majority would understand, but we all know that fans (of many things, not just wrestling) can be a weird bunch. 

I’ve never had any desire to ever see the show again, the only other things I can remember from it were Taker won the belt and lost it again soon after and I think it was when HHH upgraded to Main Event Pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taker lost the belt back to Austin on Raw about a month later in front of one of the most mental crowds I've ever seen 

That PPV was shite without the tragedy, depressing thing is there's probably people watching it on the network moaning that they've edited all the Owen bits out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pogue said:

That PPV was shite without the tragedy, depressing thing is there's probably people watching it on the network moaning that they've edited all the Owen bits out

I wouldn’t moan about it. But personally they should of left the Owen bits in there if they insist on having it on there to own their shitty behaviour. The correct decision is not to have it on there full stop. I’m sure the Benoit tribute Raw isn’t on there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Benoit one isn’t on there, but instead of having no episode listed, they’ve got a highlight show of Wrestlemania matches against the date.

No doubt so they can continue to demonstrate the whole longest running weekly episodic shite without them referencing Benoit. They’re absolutely mental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

The Benoit one isn’t on there, but instead of having no episode listed, they’ve got a highlight show of Wrestlemania matches against the date.

No doubt so they can continue to demonstrate the whole longest running weekly episodic shite without them referencing Benoit. They’re absolutely mental.

From what I remember, the Benoit tribute episode only ever aired once, which was the live showing. When replays were due to air, everyone knew what had happened, so the Mania compilation was screened instead for all the non-live shows over the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 1:19 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Fuck, I didn't even realise it was on there! Wow.... 

Maybe I'm having a total Mandela moment but I could have sworn that it wasn't on there originally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It definitely was.  Before the Network launched all everyone seemed to want to know was whether Over The Edge 99 would be on there and whether Benoit stuff would be on there,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...