Sign in to follow this  
SuperBacon

Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

How can this absolute cesspit of an industry be "light relief" for anyone? It always will be for me though and that conflicts me greatly.

It's something that a lot of us go through I think. How do I walk away from something that I've watched consistently since the late 80s? It's my longest relationship with anything in my life, apart from maybe McNuggets, and even they have a side dish of guilt with them.

I know some do say 'well just don't watch it then' and yeah, it sounds easy.. but it's not.

Unfortunately a lot of entertainment industries have similar issues, Hollywood, Music etc all seem to have skeletons and riddled with issues.

To some extent its normal people doing extraordinary things but we put them on a pedestal and expect more from them.

22 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The state of that buckle clip. Like pewter.

image.png.b7f555f8b9c438dc0f70ba3a5e9f831f.png

Fuck! Not seen the episode yet but, seriously!?

It's crazy they thought 'Hey let's just do this on the cheap' when they were making so much money at the time and it was someone's life.
I still have Over the Edge on video. I don't think I've seen it since it aired but I remember the blood in the corner of the ring and the dent where he landed.
Just insane that thing was allowed to continue. 

That could've been a two-parter like Benoit, with all the stuff they didn't cover, like Raw is Owen or the fact they (supposedly) originally wanted Max Mini riding down on his back, but Owen said no. Vince comes off like Trump in that presser. "I don't like your tone, lady." What a scummy, horrible business. Although it's weird how it's become lore, even with his widow, that the blood in the ring was Owen's. Wasn't that from The Brood splattering someone during Sunday Night Heat before the PPV?

I’m sure I remember reading somewhere that Owen had a huge cut on his arm (?) but there wasn’t any blood coming out.

I've just stuck on the opening match (Xpac & Kane vs D'Lo and Mark Henry), I can't see any blood on the mat when the show starts. 

Yeah, that clip of Vince complaining about the reporter's tone was depressing relevant to modern western politics.

I'm almost scared to go on Twitter after watching it. Surely there can't be anyone still wanting him to go into the WWE Hall of Fame after hearing his family's rationale? Those poor kids.

2 minutes ago, Grecian said:

I've just stuck on the opening match (Xpac & Kane vs D'Lo and Mark Henry), I can't see any blood on the mat when the show starts. 

Ah ok, fair enough then. Grim.

6 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Ah ok, fair enough then. Grim.

Actually, tell a lie - there is blood, right on the apron. Think I was looking in the wrong place. It's pretty much under the ropes. 

28 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I'm almost scared to go on Twitter after watching it. Surely there can't be anyone still wanting him to go into the WWE Hall of Fame after hearing his family's rationale? Those poor kids.

There will be, there always is. Usually it’s acommpanied by a well though out comment like “Martha should just get over it so that we can celebrate Owen’s career”, because ofcourse wrestling fans are the real victims in all of this

Seeing that clip of his harness was the shocker for me. It had always been put that Owen triggered the release early (clearly put out there for a reason) but holy shit, that's negligence beyond anything.

Such a sad story, not just the death but the actions of the family as well after. Vince being a massive dick is not surprise but the fact that members of the Harts were working against her is inexcusable. She elaborates on that in the Jericho podcast.

Glad his kids have done well. Mad how much his son looks like his Owen!

28 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Actually, tell a lie - there is blood, right on the apron. Think I was looking in the wrong place. It's pretty much under the ropes. 

I believe it was from Gangrel/Matt Hardy. Have never seen it but there was apparently an angle on Heat when The Brood gave the Hardys a blood bath so it may be from that.
I remember not noticing it until after Owen had died however. 

12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

There will be, there always is. Usually it’s acommpanied by a well though out comment like “Martha should just get over it so that we can celebrate Owen’s career”, because ofcourse wrestling fans are the real victims in all of this

Yeah, I had a quick read this morning and there were a few depressing anti-Martha comments, although often followed up by well reasoned arguments from other people.

I think this has done her more good than harm overall thankfully.