Jump to content
TildeGuy~!

Sasha Banks's over inflated sense of self worth

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, King Pitcos said:

Ryder got a US title win and an onscreen friendship with Cena. He was utter shite, mind, so he quickly got dropped down the card for years.

That feud him and Cena had with Kane was one of those where I'm sure they realised right away how utterly awful it was, and just decided to roll with it and make it as entertainingly bad as possible. I loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryder was punching well above his weight and to be honest he's a perfect example of what Supremo was getting at. His internet popularity gave him a run (albeit brief) far above his station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way either Sasha or Bailey are getting released anytime soon. If they are pissed off and acting up because they want a release, then like has partly been said above they'll either be jobbed out and get the MVP treatment. They'll spend rest of their contracts putting over everyone and anyone in the Women's division. 

Or at best they'll get the Neville treatment and just not get used at all whilst being held against the wishes until their contract expires.

WWE don't want to give the AEW women's division a kickstart. 

The above probably applies to anyone WWE doesn't want but may hold value over there.

They are already getting Ambrose and AJ if the rumours are to be believed. A lighter schedule and more creative freedom. A few months back Bryan was meant to be a cert when his contract expires. Maybe that recent push could change that. 

Are the Bella's under contract? They might not be the best in ring but could help AEW early on. I see that Nikki especially could go there now she's split from Cena. If they signed Bree that would make signing Bryan much easier. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

There's no way either Sasha or Bailey are getting released anytime soon. If they are pissed off and acting up because they want a release, then like has partly been said above they'll either be jobbed out and get the MVP treatment. They'll spend rest of their contracts putting over everyone and anyone in the Women's division. 

Or at best they'll get the Neville treatment and just not get used at all whilst being held against the wishes until their contract expires.

WWE don't want to give the AEW women's division a kickstart. 

The above probably applies to anyone WWE doesn't want but may hold value over there.

They are already getting Ambrose and AJ if the rumours are to be believed. A lighter schedule and more creative freedom. A few months back Bryan was meant to be a cert when his contract expires. Maybe that recent push could change that. 

Are the Bella's under contract? They might not be the best in ring but could help AEW early on. I see that Nikki especially could go there now she's split from Cena. If they signed Bree that would make signing Bryan much easier. 

 

AJ re-signed, Bryan re-signed Ambrose is taking time off from wrestling and I get the feeling he will come back to the WWE in due course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, simonworden said:

AJ re-signed, Bryan re-signed Ambrose is taking time off from wrestling and I get the feeling he will come back to the WWE in due course

I know Bryan did, I didn't realise AJ did. How long did he sign for? I'm not sure about Ambrose, he had his frustrations. He'll be back to his best in AEW should he go as he'll have the creative freedom he craves. Would be a wise move. He wasn't happy with his direction so if he reinvents himself, the doors always open at WWE for someone like him. Plus he be on good payday there. I may be wrong, but I just tend to believe that he's going to end up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

I know Bryan did, I didn't realise AJ did. How long did he sign for? I'm not sure about Ambrose, he had his frustrations. He'll be back to his best in AEW should he go as he'll have the creative freedom he craves. Would be a wise move. He wasn't happy with his direction so if he reinvents himself, the doors always open at WWE for someone like him. Plus he be on good payday there. I may be wrong, but I just tend to believe that he's going to end up there.

He signed in January for 3 years I think but not certain on the length. See i've got the opposite feeling with Ambrose as I reckon he'll head back to where his wife is but that said I could see them starting a family at some point and that changing things in the short term to who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, simonworden said:

 

He signed in January for 3 years I think but not certain on the length. See i've got the opposite feeling with Ambrose as I reckon he'll head back to where his wife is but that said I could see them starting a family at some point and that changing things in the short term to who knows. 

I know they've kept her on the announce team but I thought Vince had gone cold on Renee. May have got out of bed on the wrong side that day. But her job could be in danger.

Isn't AEW limited dates, at least at first so it so it wouldn't really matter. Renee doesn't do the house show loop so they'll have plenty of time together.

Dean can pretty much name his conditions though can't he. If he's only doing TV, PPV and limited house show and when they start to run. He won't be doing 250 odd days a year anymore.

I'm getting my news off Cultaholic and the like off YouTube. I'm no longer someone who logs into the Newz sites through the day and I've not since 2014. It's easy for things to pass me by.

 

 

Edited by Sir Colin from Cardiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, gmoney said:

This worked really well for Zach Ryder. 

It worked far more than if he'd just acted like a sulky teenager online, posting loads of vague shit in the hope someone goes, "you ok, hun?"

Plus, it was a completely different world back then. You only had to listen to Michael Cole on NXT to know that Vince and the rest of them considered anyone who ever used Twitter and YouTube to be a massive geek. Today though? They fucking LIVE for that stuff. These past six months have also proven they've took a massive leap in terms of listening to the people and going with the flow. Kofi Kingston is WWE Champion and that girl with the accent none of them can understand is the double champion.

There's never been a better time to get yourself over by other means than what you're handed by the script writers, provided you've got a bit of wit or personality about you and aren't a deluded, sulky bore.

Edit: Look at Becky, giving them both the rub. That's a good friend.

49C12BA4-E40D-499F-89E7-9CEF3E343F63.thumb.jpeg.fc0c64f1292b94cc52ff58e5df0dbfac.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, The King Of Swing said:

I'm getting the feeling that the IIconics were probably the first choice for the belts, but they held off until Wrestlemania.

I assumed upon announcement that it was either going to be them or Rose/DeVille as first champions as to start the titles off "big deal" I'd have expected heel champions made to look strong as a unit and a decent babyface chase to create the big moment with fan anticipation rather than relying on "First champions!!11" to make it big.

I was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 12:55 AM, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

just not get used at all whilst being held against the wishes until their contract expires.

As all WWE wrestlers are independent contractors, they can up sticks and go work somewhere else straight away.  They just won't get the rest of their contract pay.  Most people, understandably, are happy to get well paid to spend time with their families so they choose to wait it out.

I'd be a bit sad if Sasha Banks leaves, as ogling her extraordinary physique is a highlight of Raw but it has been kind of sad to see how much worse she's got in the last couple of years.  Considering she's obviously in good shape, you have to assume it's just that her motivation and passion have gone.  The mini-feud she had with Rousey showed she can still be entertaining and popular if she's given a good spot.

I agree with those who say that, although it's a financial risk, if you're unhappy you should just leave and hope absence makes the heart grow fonder.  The WWE certainly seems like the sort of company who take people back when they feel there are fresh matches and opportunities.

That said - isn't she going to be integral to this big 4 Horsewomen storyline?  I got the impression that was going to be the focus of the women's division for the next 12 months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Is it only me who finds Becky Lynchs Twitter act cringeworthy?

Judging by ratings and house show attendance since she got the big push, you’re definitely not the only one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When The Revival were pissed off at how they were booked, we didn't spend seven pages debating if they were any good or if they had the right to be angry about it. When Neville decided he wasn't going to work any more, we didn't talk about him throwing tantrums or about how he could deal with it so much more professionally.

Shouldn't be any different for Sasha. If she's pissed off and wants out, fair play to her. No sense sticking around in a job that you don't like, whatever the reason.

Edited by BomberPat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I agree with those who say that, although it's a financial risk, if you're unhappy you should just leave and hope absence makes the heart grow fonder.  The WWE certainly seems like the sort of company who take people back when they feel there are fresh matches and opportunities.

There's not been a better time in about 20 years for justification that you can leave "the show" if the relationship has gone stale, prove elsewhere you're worth having, and be brought back in to be presented as a bigger deal. Or "do a Drew" if you prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...