Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

5 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pardon my ignorance, I know nothing about Blue Lives Matter.
Had a quick look and its about tougher sentences for people who kill police officers? Or have I misunderstood? Why is that bad? 

If you see a video on Facebook of police killing a black kid, the ones commenting “well they shouldn’t have resisted if they didn’t want to get shot” are the Blue Lives Matter lot.

It is a movement for bootlicking racists. 

8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Having just read up about the movement, it reminds me of those in this country who obsess over causes such as "help for heroes" and the general glorification of the military. Its a front for something much more jingoistic and was set up as a counter to Black Lives Matter.

Make of that what you will.

Sorry to derail the thread, but yeah this basically. An idea in and of itself not objectionable, but Blue Lives was formed in response to people of color having had enough of being killed for walking by bad, bad tits and starting Black Lives Matter

Edited by Cannibal Man

6 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Having just read up about the movement, it reminds me of those in this country who obsess over causes such as "help for heroes" and the general glorification of the military. Its a front for something much more jingoistic and was set up as a counter to Black Lives Matter.

Make of that what you will.

Is 'Help for Heroes' bad? I'm out of touch!

I thought 'Blue Lives Matter' was like an 'Equal Rights for Smurfs' thing when I first read it.....

I I couldn't see where it was inherently bad from the couple of paragraphs I read on wiki [and I appreciate the source of the info when making that statement]..
I'm willing to accept it is if that's the general consensus it just reads, apart from the name, as a decent thing to support?

***EDIT***

Ah, I've seen a few more responses now. I get it. Yeah, that's not good.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

6 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pardon my ignorance, I know nothing about Blue Lives Matter.
Had a quick look and its about tougher sentences for people who kill police officers? Or have I misunderstood? Why is that bad? 

It was created as a kneejerk response to Black Lives Matter, a movement based in not wanting policemen to target, beat up, and kill young black men. To make out that policemen are the victims in this equation makes you (the figurative you, not you) , I am sad to report, a racist shitbulb. 

1 minute ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

ACAB but please don't derail the Wrestlemania thread FFS.

It's The Undertaker's bloody fault! also, was the Boneyard not his house? why did he fuck off at the end?

5 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

It's The Undertaker's bloody fault! also, was the Boneyard not his house? why did he fuck off at the end?

Off to the zoo to sniff a tiger.

I've only watched night 1 so far, and that Boneyard match is fucking terrible. As gmoney says, Taker seems to be doing his best Clint Eastwood impression at the start. All it was missing was the actual Orangutan to make the right turn. Then we went all Robson and Jerome as we went up on the roof. Throw in that at some point when he was laying in the grave Taker must have rolled a 20 as his teleportation spell worked really well. Absolute hokey bullshit of the highest order. Then at the end the good guy rode off into the night. 

It may have been said, I've not read the last 5 pages but my biggest problem with the Edge/Orton was Tom and Byron commentating as if they were in a library. 

I don't really like Cole but at least he wants to sound enthusiastic. Never heard commentary as dull and dreary as that match, was like watching the snooker. 

In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't postpone wrestlemania as I'm not sure we'll ever get anything like the boneyard or FFFH matches again. Must say I'm pretty surprised that no love has been shown for this which aired on the pre show.

https://youtu.be/ZUkAuoNx4zo

Strowman and Goldberg might not have been getting paid by the hour, but Orton and Edge certainly were. So much filler on night 2 compared to night 1.

A good few matches would have come across as better with a live crowd in attendance. 

Re the finish of the ladder match, a friend and I were theorising how interesting it could have been if Kofi and Morrison ended up with a belt each and were forced to be tag team champs. They're trying to upstage each other like early doors Sheamus/Cesaro and you've got Miz occasionally trying to cost them the titles so he can reunite with JoMo, but inadvertently helping them retain. Over time they gel more and have a decent run, culminating in a match against Big E and Woods. 

15 minutes ago, gaz2050 said:

In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't postpone wrestlemania as I'm not sure we'll ever get anything like the boneyard or FFFH matches again. Must say I'm pretty surprised that no love has been shown for this which aired on the pre show.

https://youtu.be/ZUkAuoNx4zo

I’m surprised anyone watched the pre show tbh

I thought Tamina was Nia Jax when I saw the preview graphic. She's bloody awful. Makes Nia look like Gail Kim by comparison. 

I enjoyed Edge/Orton mostly after watching his documentary and just being genuinely happy for the guy being out there doing what he loves. I was really invested in it on a personal level, although admittedly it probably doesn't hold up as a match in general.

I also loved the Firefly Fun House. That's exactly what Wyatt needs to be doing. And it was a really entertaining trip down memory lane for both guys. I'm just a real sucker for anything that delves deep into the history of the company and its wrestlers. There aren't many TV shows or sports where you can follow someone actively for so long.

Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

I thought Tamina was Nia Jax when I saw the preview graphic. She's bloody awful. Makes Nia look like Gail Kim by comparison. 

And has been under contract now for over a decade!  I have no idea why either bar who her father is.