Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

I agree the last man standing match dragged but at least when they were backstage away from the dead arena part it was one of the few matches that wasn't completely killed by the lack of crowd. Wish it had only gone 12 minutes or something.

That  little 18 inch drop Edge did to hit the elbow from hanging on the office ceiling onto Randy on the desk was hilarious.

51 minutes ago, Pinc said:

It's not so much that I wasn't entertained, as it made me never want to watch wrestling or any other form of fiction ever again. Six stars from me.

🤣😂😂🤣🤣👏👏👏👏👏

I reckon in front of a crowd, that Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley match would've been one of the best women's matches they've ever done. Charlotte was on top form working the leg with a focus we rarely see anymore, like Bret Hart with a personality. Ripley, fair fucks to her, put in a good shift as the up-and-comer who hasn't had many setbacks yet and got herself into this without realising how unprepared she was for that level of competition. Great foundation for character growth and a rematch down the road where Rhea has leveled up enough to avenge this loss and best the Queen. 

After a year spinning her wheels on Raw, a move to NXT with a bunch of fresh matchups seems a solid move for Charlotte as well.

Loved the Firefly match. Been figuring out where the disconnect is for that and the Boneyard for me, and I think the Boneyard just comes across even more so as an old sad bastards Sons Of Anarchy wank fantasy in the wake of that. You've got two genuine greats, a guy who never breaks noted for being able turn shit into gold and the best he could do is a fight in a garden in an attempt to keep everything he can about himself his idea of cool. It was what it was always going to be, and it's fine, whatever. I could have told myself what it was before it happened and nailed about 99% of the details. Could never have done that with what I saw in the Funhouse match, lads. It was fucking brilliant.

Big Taker fan and him being the Biker Badass was great then and suits him well now.

Going forward I'd use him a Ghost Rider type deal, ride in on his bike and slap around a mouthy heel and put them in there place, doesn't always need to be a match just a ride in, a move, ride off.

I think that would be perfect for him, crowds still wanna see him but his "dead taker" entrance has been done to death (no pun intended) and this will keep him fresh a few years.

His new series on the network looks really good and with go really in-depth on the real him (first look on network now)

44 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

After a year spinning her wheels on Raw, a move to NXT with a bunch of fresh matchups seems a solid move for Charlotte as well.

I suspect they see a Charlotte run on NXT as a ratings winner, but in reality I suspect it'll prove otherwise for many of the Wednesday night die hards.

That Taker thing after confirmed he's a Blue Lives Matter nonce so I hope he drives his bike off an embankment, the old cunt

Edited by Cannibal Man

Funhouse was pretty much a skit to build up to an actual match but was fantastic in doing so, adds great layers to the story and both characters.

They've got a ready made match for Summerslam (hopefully returns by then) 

15 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

That Taker thing after confirmed he's a Blue Lives Matter nonce so I hope he drives his bike off an embankment, the old cunt

Yeah, that shirt ruined an otherwise great program. Just disappointing shit 

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Yeah, that shirt ruined an otherwise great program. Just disappointing shit 

What have I missed?

He had a blue lives matter shirt on for one of the interview segments, which changes this from a look at one of the more beloved wrestling characters of the modern era into a sad old cunt forcing a fucking horrible, far right piece of shit American movement onto anyone who sees it, so for me, I dunno I just can't be fucked one bit with that or him. Like the Boneyard, the curtain is too far back for me on the performer and character, and this time you can see his knob.

Edited by Cannibal Man

A sentiment that's echoed on here, both directly and indirectly, is the obsession with shoehorning every single roster member onto the card. It just brings down the overall standard and tacks on filler matches that no-one is frothing at the mouth to see.

I can't fathom why they are on intent on following through with this when the roster is so big. In years gone by, even when the roster was much leaner, there were always a couple of upper mid carders that were left out.

Pardon my ignorance, I know nothing about Blue Lives Matter.
Had a quick look and its about tougher sentences for people who kill police officers? Or have I misunderstood? Why is that bad? 

Just now, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pardon my ignorance, I know nothing about Blue Lives Matter.
Had a quick look and its about tougher sentences for people who kill police officers? Or have I misunderstood? Why is that bad? 

Having just read up about the movement, it reminds me of those in this country who obsess over causes such as "help for heroes" and the general glorification of the military. Its a front for something much more jingoistic and was set up as a counter to Black Lives Matter.

Make of that what you will.

There was a point in the Edge/Orton match were I thought "I'm getting into this, this is good stuff" and then it went another 4 hours. 

I realised I didn't like the Boneyard match because it didn't have the daft comedy elements that the early Broken Hardy stuff did, it was more like Taker doing a piss poor  but dead serious Clint Eastwood impression in the middle of a load of shite. 

That Firefly Funhouse thing... I can't say I liked it either really. I liked that they tried something different, but it felt like a video game cutscene, and I always skip video game cutscenes. Bray does nothing for me either. 

Everything else was just nothing. A shouty, grunting void. I felt bad for all the performers because stripped of the crowd it highlighted what a ridiculous waste of time this all is.