Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

This was the first wrestling I have watched in the last year (well, bar the odd old match). Loved the Boneyard match, utterly insane spectacle. On the other hand the pre match promo for the woman's championship match made Lynch look like a really irritating wanker, when last year she seemed a full on bad ass.

9 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Part of me is wondering if this is too late for Strowman, something that should have happened 2 years ago. 

I don’t see much aftermath hype for Strowman. 
The headline on Forbes is ‘Braun Strowman saves his career’. Not so nice of them.

The main story on WWE.com is also Taker vs Styles.

The Boneyard Match was a MASTERPIECE! Utterly ridiculous but I absolutely loved it. Exactly the crazy sort of stuff they couldn’t get away with in any other circumstances. I was laughing out loud in the best possible way. Amazing!

The rest of it ... I found the first half hard to get into. Why do they keep playing to the audience when there is no audience and refuse to acknowledge the camera when literally everyone watching is doing so via the camera? I don’t know.

Someone somewhere’s bound to do an edit where crowd noise is included, that’d help so much. Every one of those matches, I couldn’t help but think they’d have felt so much better in front of a stadium full of people. It’s a shame these matches will never get that. But since our honeymoon to California isn’t likely to happen this year... LA for WM37? I might ask...

Owens vs Rollins was a good match with the above caveats, probably the first time I forgot about how weird these PCentre shows are.

Goldberg vs Braun was BRILLIANT. It was like playing SmackDown with your finishers on max and is exactly what I want a Goldberg match to be.

The Boneyard though. *kisses the air* Beautiful. I didn’t think this Mania would have any replay value but I would happily watch that again and again.

Not much to add about the Boneyard match. Awesome stuff and the first time this empty arena era delivered a match that truly washed away the weirdness in this world. There were points in this where I just laughed and laughed.  Ridiculous match but utterly spot on at the same time. Taker's trash talkin was top tier and brought some hate to the absurdity. It probably would have died playing at a real arena but this is definitely a potential option they have to preserve The Undertaker and the other real stars without embarrassing them in a live setting. Best Mania main event since the first Brock vs Roman.

Couldnt bare to watch Corbin/Elias, the ladder match or Owens/Rollins but the other stuff was like a good episode of Raw. I get why they did that finish but I can't help but feel bad for Baszler. She's a lost cause on this roster and the Becky character continues to go down a dreadful, dreadful path without a single intriguing feud in sight. Goldberg looked terrible and I was glad to see him squashed. Hollow victory for poor Braun though. With Roman gone for the foreseeable, I'm guessing he's keeping the belt warm while they try scramble back together The Fiend.

I really enjoyed it and the Boneyard match was utterly brilliant. The lack of a crowd was distracting at first but once we got past the first couple of matches and to stuff I actually wanted to see I kinda got used to it.

Didn't give a flying fuck about the Womens Tag Title match or Elias/Corbin but they got them out of the way early. Was surprised Becky beat Shayna and Bryan/Zayn had a short but fun, stiff match before things really kicked into gear with the Ladder match and Rollins/Owens both being very good. Goldberg/Braun was another sprint, and it's funny that they've finally given Braun the title now, at literally a time where he couldn't have any less momentum but I'm still chuffed him.   

That Taker/Styles match though. Bloody hell. A reminder of how good this medium can be. I hope the Funhouse match was done in a similar fashion.

On the Becky finish, I like that Shayna still hasn’t figured out how to stop the Clutch being countered like that. It’s how Ember Moon and Kairi Sane beat her as well.

Also enjoyed JBL comparing John Morrison to a young Mr Perfect. John Morrison who is four years younger than Mr Perfect was when he died.

I might watch the Boneyard Match again.

I can't be watching the empty arena matches, far too soulless so I skipped the lot of them. But I adored that boneyard match and was grinning like a gobshite all the way through it, so full marks to Taker and Styles. Was half hoping Gallows and Anderson would appear holding McCool hostage or something for maximum hokiness, probably for the best they avoided that I suppose. 10/10 though, if you can't enjoy that you shouldn't be watching wrestling!

Also thought it would have been hilarious if Taker showed up  with his Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit theme playing or they had one of the Mexicools working the John Deere tractor!

Edited by DCW

If Taker does do another one of these he needs to rock up to that Metallica song again, I thought that was a great choice for entrance music 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Matt Hardy on Twitter trying to take credit for the Boneyard Match.  He really is delusional.

Naaa not buying that. If you saw the shit they were doing in TNA at the Hardy compound it was very similar in style

Lucha Underground were doing the Grindhouse elements before Hardy did his stuff, you could say they're just as influential.

The Giant threw Hogan off the roof in the early 90s and  Hulk visited Vader’s lair in the Rockys. It’s not exactly an original thought, it’s just as with many things WWE has produced the best version of it.

I'm Mince McMahon dammit and I haven't watched any wrestling in over a decade... but I caught a few clips from Boneyard Match on my Twitter feed this morning. Wow! Hyped for the Firefly Funhouse match now!

1 hour ago, Loki said:

The Giant threw Hogan off the roof in the early 90s and  Hulk visited Vader’s lair in the Rockys. It’s not exactly an original thought, it’s just as with many things WWE has produced the best version of it.

Hogan threw the Giant off the roof, and Sting went to the White Castle of Fear. 

5 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Hogan threw the Giant off the roof, and Sting went to the White Castle of Fear. 

What castle did Hogan go to with the “not not” fire?