Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

2 hours ago, The Dart said:

Seen someone suggest that to avoid the results being leaked they could record multiple finishes to all the matches and then just edit in the one they want to show.

Bet Lesnar would charge that as two matches on his contract.

2 hours ago, The Dart said:

Seen someone suggest that to avoid the results being leaked they could record multiple finishes to all the matches and then just edit in the one they want to show.

Whose going to be there to leak it?

31 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Who leaks anything in wrestling? Usually not a fan in the crowd.

Never noticed those betting adds on those so called wrestling news sites / dirt sheets?

Affiliate tracking links everywhere. They get a cut of the pie. There is a lot of smart money involved in publishing so called leaks and rumors and then directing you to the ‘latest betting odds.

Perfect example is:

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/wwe-royal-rumble-winner-spoiled-by-huge-shift-in-betting-odds/amp/

Not sure how that relates to my point, which is that the more credible news sites tend to get their info from sources on the inside, not someone sitting in the stands.

The only thing that might stop leaks this time is if the personnel on hand is so reduced that leakers will fear there's a higher chance of being identified. It still won't surprise me though if full results are online before next weekend.

I believe if ‘it can be leaked, it will be leaked’. Wouldn’t surprise me also if results are online soon.

I don’t think most leaks for the bookies/ dirt sheets come from only people ‘inside’. 

For example:

- The new champs probably get new side plates. These could be ordered in advance. These are made by third parties. If they suddenly got a huge order to produce 5000 Drew McIntyre side plates, this could mean something... Why would they get an order for Lacey Evans sideplates?

- Why would Ronda Rousey suddenly order new gear? Her gear designer might tell her sister, who tells her husband. He tells his buddies. Fast enough you have a Corona domino effect.

And you suddenly see betting odds shift and rumors coming up for a Rousey return...

- Etc. 

Or I might have seen to much Hollywood movies. 

Edited by LWOLeN

So you've got to think that with taping in advance they are planning on a reasonable amount of post-production - and I don't just mean doing 5 takes to get a decent looking Jackhammer, editing out the breaks they need to give Taker to get his wind back between spots etc.

So what do we reckon they are going for? Movie fight style production with extreme close-ups, incidental music etc (like the Hardy Compound stuff but less whacky)?

Or green screen it up and try to stick in a fuck off massive fake stadium/crowd, appropriate (Vince approved) reaction noise etc?

"We make movies."

What do we reckon is happening post Wrestlemania? I know it's the mental wrestling but surely they're not off to fucking Backlash or whatever after this?

The only sane thing they can do by my estimation is send people home and fill their telly shows with network content and character work/promos filmed by wrestlers at home. I can imagine that being a pretty great watch actually. Or do people think we're actually going to get eerily shit contract signings for the foreseeable future? I just can't put anything past Vince.

Apologies if this has been previously discussed, but 21 pages innit.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:35 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Bill Mania as a "Just knocking about Classic" where everything is at various places. You could have

-House of Horrors match

-Hardy Compound match

-King of the Road match

-Car park fight with Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman, settling that score for some reason.

-Empty arena match.

-Hollywood Backlot Brawl

Just have loads of different shit filmed all over the place.

Seriously, this is a brilliant way to go. It's mad that they haven't gone down this route. Surely the only reason they don't do shit like this more often is because there are no fans. Well as there are no fans then go for it! It can't be worse than match after match with no fucker in the crowd. Fans can make or break a match with their reactions.

The examples Ian provided are all, in their own way, entertaining. Watching regular matches to crickets in an empty tiny venue is not going to be entertaining. They have a huge opportunity here to do something different without repercussions. 

55 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

What do we reckon is happening post Wrestlemania? I know it's the mental wrestling but surely they're not off to fucking Backlash or whatever after this?

The only sane thing they can do by my estimation is send people home and fill their telly shows with network content and character work/promos filmed by wrestlers at home. I can imagine that being a pretty great watch actually. Or do people think we're actually going to get eerily shit contract signings for the foreseeable future? I just can't put anything past Vince.

Apologies if this has been previously discussed, but 21 pages innit.

Baron Coronavirus interferes in every match, coughing and sneezing on the whole roster, forcing an effective shutdown.

Vince needs to embrace it and turn his cameras inwards. A reality show following what goes on in their offices is what Raw 2020 should be all about.

Imagine how many gifs could be spawned from a wobbly zoomy camera catching Vince receiving further bad news on the phone. 

23 hours ago, JNLister said:

Bet Lesnar would charge that as two matches on his contract.

I bet he charged the Rumble as a separate match for each person he faced.

They could make this years Mania utter unique and try a whole host of different stuff that they could use going forward.

But they wont.

3 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

I do wonder whether Vince likes Wrestling, or just likes watching people wrestle.

Neither. He just likes making money from it.