Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Well, technically last year's was over two days...

In increasing bizarrity:

I assume that's either to make it more interesting or avoid the risk of a shutdown. That could also mean some matches could be pretaped.

I love how they're making it up as they go along just so a stubborn old man in his 70s can say he won against coronavirus.

Might as well just stretch it out over a week (the only way I can watch it normally these days), have 1 or 2 matches on each day. Not big on trusting Meltzer but would love to see where they put different matches if they are going to be all over the place.

I reckon they'll do the Wrestlemania matches here and then as soon as they can do another show in a big arena or stadium with most of the same matches again simply to try and claw back what they can financially it'll be called Wrestlemania Redux or something, then again if it goes on a long time we might get Autumn Slam. Survivor Series could be an apt name this year too. 

2 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

If this leads to them splitting it up in future and giving us a couple of digestible 3hr shows instead of a 7hr sloggathon, I'm all for it.

Fuck that, tickets are expensive enough for it as a one-night event.

11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Packed house at the PC tonight, Jeff.

DG8n4ClXkAAV_3Q.jpg

The mighty Norwich City, tipped for relegation, wearing what remains to this day the finest football kit ever devised by man, won this game 4-2 having gone 2-0 down early on.

Here's some highlights:

Just thought I'd mention it.

92/93 wasn't it? Norwich finished third behind United and Aston Villa. Had a belting little run in the UEFA Cup the following season because of it. Won at Bayern Munich with THAT Jeremy Goss goal. Did Inter Milan knock them out in the end? My memory says they did and Dennis Bergkamp was key to it. Must have been surreal.

I've got thousands of hours of football on DVD. Anyone know a good place to share it privately and I can upload stuff?

Perfect recall on everything, Rick!

Very good article on the Athletic about the UEFA Cup run, for anyone who subscribes:

https://theathletic.com/1228097/2019/10/12/norwich-uefa-cup-run/?source=shared-article‬

(I don't, despite having known Mike Bailey personally for about 15 years now, but it was free to read for a couple of days last week...)

Less remembered for obvious reasons, but I'll always maintain this Goss goal vs Leeds was far superior to the Bayern one:

Should probably stop derailing the Wrestlemania thread so badly, now...

Will be interested to see where WWE go with this, I think its a good idea (if safe to do so) to put the event on, there is practically no other sports or events so you would think all eyes could be on this. They might even charge a bit less for PPV or show on free TV if they get paid the right money. Could mean more eyes on the product? New fans?

Interesting times. 

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I've got thousands of hours of football on DVD. Anyone know a good place to share it privately and I can upload stuff?

Bulk uploads tend to come from places like this these days.

https://mega.nz/ or a google drive.

So it looks like the split will be:

Saturday (April 4th):

* WWE Championship Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar

* NXT Women’s Championship Match: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley

* The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles

* Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins

Sunday (April 5th):
* WWE Universal Championship Match: Roman Reigns vs. Bill Goldberg
* RAW Women’s Championship Match: Shayna Baszler vs. Becky Lynch
* John Cena vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt

I can't say I'm that excited by it - but at least in two sittings it may be more manageable to watch.

I said to myself after last years show that I was going to watch Future manias over 2 sittings, so I’m pretty happy with this. The plan was just set an alarm for 2hrs30 and then stop, if a match was in progress I’d have watched to then end of that (unless it had just started)

In all honesty, I'm probably not that bothered about Mania now being like this simply because I wasn't that excited about it in the first place.

There's nothing on the card that I'm looking at and feeling like I'm really missing out on something by it now being under these weird circumstances.

The most exciting thing for me will be the social media reaction to Baszler winning. Can't wait for that meltdown.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I said to myself after last years show that I was going to watch Future manias over 2 sittings, so I’m pretty happy with this. The plan was just set an alarm for 2hrs30 and then stop, if a match was in progress I’d have watched to then end of that (unless it had just started)

Last year I watched live till the end of Kingston-Bryan. That was a really solid three-hour pay-per-view.

5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

92/93 wasn't it? Norwich finished third behind United and Aston Villa. Had a belting little run in the UEFA Cup the following season because of it. Won at Bayern Munich with THAT Jeremy Goss goal. Did Inter Milan knock them out in the end? My memory says they did and Dennis Bergkamp was key to it. Must have been surreal.

If you have full matches, try footballia.net. Now, let's all stop this before Mike Dean Chest starts no-look red carding people.