Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

They've joked for so long that you're only ever performing for one person in WWE that I just want Vince sat directly in the middle of the hardside camera,  berating everyone loudly, as he fights the urge to sneeze, his sad old man eyes getting glassier and glassier. 

I don't know what it's been like on TV so far, but presumably wrestling in front of no crowd means being extra careful about calling spots in the ring, as there's nothing at all to drown out your voice (bar commentary, if you're lucky).

They should take advantage of the situation around that in two ways:

1) Pre-tape, so that any unwanted audio can be removed before broadcast, and

2) Sprinkle matches with more of the "trash talk" that commentators refer to as a cover for wrestlers caught chatting between moves. After all, it would be conspicuous in its sudden absence, right? There's now no reason viewers shouldn't be able to actually hear these mortal enemies mumble during a headlock that they fucked each other's mums last night.

Triple H commentary please. 

I'm really looking forward to this. The world is miserable right now. The mad, mad bastards. 

I love this place. They could announce that Wrestlemania will consist only of Vince's line of yes men orally fluffing him before he gives Bruce Pritchard a doing from behind and finishes on Michael Cole's face and at least one person on here would say "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in".

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

I love this place. They could announce that Wrestlemania will consist only of Vince's line of yes men orally fluffing him before he gives Bruce Pritchard a doing from behind and finishes on Michael Cole's face and at least one person on here would say "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in".

Only if he shouts STAND BACK before he finishes on Cole.

Not sure if I really want to watch it or don't want to touch it with a barge pole out of protest. I'd rather see the real Wrestlemania postponed to a later date and some sort of Wrestlemania special airing in it's place. You could have pre-taped hall of fame induction packages and speeches and then combine the top matches from Takeover with some of the Mania matches that are less important like Owens/Rollins, an IC title match and a US title match. Hell even have a big multi-man tag or stick some of the big names in the Andre battle royal that can be there too. Run it like a telethon with legends sat taking calls from donators to fund hospital beds or something and sit them where the audience should be and let the fucking thing go on all night.

Then when real mania comes around you do another rush HOF, a new takeover and the main show. 

For anyone struggling with flight refunds, it looks likely the government will do some sort of official advice against overseas travel today, which should mean you can trigger travel insurance.

Silly question alert. How will this effect the mania paydays of the performers? Normally, as far as i am aware, Mania paydays have always been the biggest, but with no crowd, will they still get the massive bonuses? 

37 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Vince is a huge germaphobe isnt he?  I can only imagine the type of box hes living in now. 

Id rather watch that than mania 

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

25 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Silly question alert. How will this effect the mania paydays of the performers? Normally, as far as i am aware, Mania paydays have always been the biggest, but with no crowd, will they still get the massive bonuses? 

I guess not. It'll be based on ticket sales but if Vince refunds they won't make money on it. Unless the insurance covers that somewhat.. 

FAO anyone booked for mania

From Martin Lewis, the "money saving expert" on twitter, he knows his stuff

"Foreign Office now advising against all but essential travel ANYWHERE outside UK initally for 30 days. This is the key trigger for most travel insurance policies so if you have a trip booked in that time - you are usually due a refund even if flight/hotel still on. Pls share"" 

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

WrestleMania in front of no people!?

This is fucking bonkers!! Just... crazy!!

As has been said Vince/WWE will be dining out on this for decades. 

At least no crowd means no jaded crowded who often destroy the main event atmos after sitting through an 8 hour event