Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

• Paid Members

I love this place. They could announce that Wrestlemania will consist only of Vince's line of yes men orally fluffing him before he gives Bruce Pritchard a doing from behind and finishes on Michael Cole's face and at least one person on here would say "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in".

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

I love this place. They could announce that Wrestlemania will consist only of Vince's line of yes men orally fluffing him before he gives Bruce Pritchard a doing from behind and finishes on Michael Cole's face and at least one person on here would say "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in".

Only if he shouts STAND BACK before he finishes on Cole.

Not sure if I really want to watch it or don't want to touch it with a barge pole out of protest. I'd rather see the real Wrestlemania postponed to a later date and some sort of Wrestlemania special airing in it's place. You could have pre-taped hall of fame induction packages and speeches and then combine the top matches from Takeover with some of the Mania matches that are less important like Owens/Rollins, an IC title match and a US title match. Hell even have a big multi-man tag or stick some of the big names in the Andre battle royal that can be there too. Run it like a telethon with legends sat taking calls from donators to fund hospital beds or something and sit them where the audience should be and let the fucking thing go on all night.

Then when real mania comes around you do another rush HOF, a new takeover and the main show. 

25 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Silly question alert. How will this effect the mania paydays of the performers? Normally, as far as i am aware, Mania paydays have always been the biggest, but with no crowd, will they still get the massive bonuses? 

I guess not. It'll be based on ticket sales but if Vince refunds they won't make money on it. Unless the insurance covers that somewhat.. 

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

WrestleMania in front of no people!?

This is fucking bonkers!! Just... crazy!!

As has been said Vince/WWE will be dining out on this for decades. 

At least no crowd means no jaded crowded who often destroy the main event atmos after sitting through an 8 hour event 

Just been thinking about this weird no-fans-in-attendance-WrestleMania. 

Can you imagine what it would feel like to be McIntyre or Edge coming into this thing? McIntyre has his whole life wanted to be in the main event of WM and to (possibly) win the title in front of NOBODY would be brutal. Imagine him winning it and running around screaming to himself with the belt as there is deathly silence in the background (cept screeching Michael Cole). Edge taking best part of a decade off to return to silence. Its crazy.

I get why they wanted to have it postponed but to do it in an empty building sounds crazy to me. In my view wrestling works when there is a crowd to feed off. Ebbs and flows of the matches are predicated on crowd response. Imagine Austin returning at Backlash 2000 in an empty building. Or Michaels flying from the rafters to silence. The whole premise of wrestling is about the interaction between crowd and wrestlers - we have all seen a good match look like the shits because the crowd is dead, same as a match that is substandard being seen as good because of a red hot crowd. 

I guess Vince doesn't want to postpone because his storylines are geared toward certain matches and how can be draw that out until the pandemic ends? How would he postpone Goldberg vs Reigns etc until the summer and carry on with weekly TV in the interim? Also he has contractual obligations for arenas through the year for other events like SummerSlam so moving them around would be a bitch. There is no reason he couldn't just cancel Mania entirely this year and have WM 36 in April 2021 - adding to the "Wrestle-Mania Story" that Vince loves banging on about on the Network. 

How do people think this will go? Worst of all time or a surprisingly good event? 

I hope that they cut the show by a few hours - stick to 3 1/2 hours tops and cut a bunch of shit that didn't need being on there. They could easily have the following matches and clip the rest of the card.

• McIntyre v Lesnar
  • Edge v Orton
  • Undertaker v Styles
  • Cena vs Wyatt
  • Bazler vs Lynch
  • Goldberg v Reigns
  • A gimmick match of some description

I really hope that they also make the Performance Centre look badass and unique as they will have much more space to play with (make it a set that encompasses the whole ringside area!) If they have a pirate type theme, make a big ship to sit in the middle of the building - add treasure chests, a beach, palm trees!

I have a suspicion they will do their normal 9802983795827 hour show with everyone crammed onto the card. The set will be lacklustre and the show will be mildly entertaining but dead due to no crowd. 

I am very happy to be wrong though this will be the first Mania I watch in five years so the intrigue is definitely there. 

Edited by Michael_3165

• Paid Members

While I won't be watching, it's an interesting one to think about with regards to how they do it. One thing that could work (at least in being different) - have the wrestlers, trainers, personnel, etc as the audience. Spread out enough that they're not just a blob, but so they can be shouting encouragement, getting involved, giving reactions, furthering storylines, etc.