Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

• Awards Moderator

Genuinely feel bad for all 'Keffers who were planning on going to Florida. I only remembered I'd thought about going to this one a year ago but it didn't pan out. Hope you get all your refunds sorted quickly and get to go another time. 

I'm really intrigued if Vince tries to do something to elevate this show. He doesn't have XFL to worry about now (something else likely pissing him off). He can't puppet Cole into proclaiming the Grandaddy of them all. They can't inflate attendance. Why not go all out to produce a proper TV show rather than the simulation of a wrestling show they do? What can you do with an empty arena for a whole show you couldn't usually do? 

• Awards Moderator
10 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I'm really intrigued if Vince tries to do something to elevate this show. He doesn't have XFL to worry about now (something else likely pissing him off). He can't puppet Cole into proclaiming the Grandaddy of them all. They can't inflate attendance. Why not go all out to produce a proper TV show rather than the simulation of a wrestling show they do? What can you do with an empty arena for a whole show you couldn't usually do? 

Let’s prepare ourselves for this.

B94BCB4A-EF89-4429-AC8A-E21624CEDCE7.gif.47b8a529f794c43c32921c64d098ab78.gif

In between every match.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Maybe a bit of a mad idea, but I wonder if they might try to do some sort of 'virtual crowd' thing... like whack some screens up around the ringside area and show people watching the show at home somehow...?

Probably just asking for a parade of rude gestures, mind.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Statto said:

Maybe a bit of a mad idea, but I wonder if they might try to do some sort of 'virtual crowd' thing... like whack some screens up around the ringside area and show people watching the show at home somehow...?

Probably just asking for a parade of rude gestures, mind.

That's actually a pretty interesting idea. If you literally had hundreds of small screens showing people watching at home and reacting. Not sure if it would work but heck it's worth a try.

• Paid Members

I can see how Mania can work this way as a bizarre curio. But they have to be creative in the matches. Doing the same old shit will shit the bed.

The more attitude era run ins and short cuts they use the more of a disconnect they will get. The less over produced promos the better. And hope that everyone needs there working boots on. 

But even then the real concern has to be the real life fact that at any moment any and all of them could get the virus. If was Vince I'd rent a block of flats quarantine the fuck out of all of them and their families. I guess what I'm saying is that even though they have made this move right now there's every chance it won't happen at all.

Surely this will die on its arse. Wrestling needs an audience to feed off IMO. How do you do heat spots without heat? 

I can hear vince right now saying "we dont need a crowd pal, it's... WWRREESSTTLLEEMMAANNIIAA!" 

Such a egotistical McMahon thing to do though he will use it in his "Top Ten Unique WWE Moments" packages for decades. 

Good luck to em. It takes balls. 

They could go to town with dynamic lighting and LED effects, reacting to censors in the ring like the flames in an inferno match, so that every bump and high spot gets an exciting visual accompaniment in place of cheers.

• Paid Members

They've joked for so long that you're only ever performing for one person in WWE that I just want Vince sat directly in the middle of the hardside camera,  berating everyone loudly, as he fights the urge to sneeze, his sad old man eyes getting glassier and glassier. 

I don't know what it's been like on TV so far, but presumably wrestling in front of no crowd means being extra careful about calling spots in the ring, as there's nothing at all to drown out your voice (bar commentary, if you're lucky).

They should take advantage of the situation around that in two ways:

1) Pre-tape, so that any unwanted audio can be removed before broadcast, and

2) Sprinkle matches with more of the "trash talk" that commentators refer to as a cover for wrestlers caught chatting between moves. After all, it would be conspicuous in its sudden absence, right? There's now no reason viewers shouldn't be able to actually hear these mortal enemies mumble during a headlock that they fucked each other's mums last night.