Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

This is unbelievable. It's the only option though realistically. This isn't going away anytime soon and one postponment would lead to another. It's the only thing they can do other than cancel. We've lost the Crockett Cup but we've still got Wrestmania. We've just got to be grateful for any wrestling we get now. Like the early part of this century 😀

Edited by Angle_fan

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Such a prick isn't he?

It's all about meeeeeeee 

Knew Vince wouldn't be able to resist the prospect of being the only show in town & a crack at an almost literally captive TV audience. 

Is there a chance it becomes a taped show? No chance of broadcasting a botched jackhammer if you try fifteen times, or edit out the crash mats in post. Carny business after all. 

I bet they would still miss the spear. 

Edited by Onyx2

I actually don't think it'll be that bad. And all considered, given that no-one can go anywhere and are basically housebound, the viewing figures will be tremendous.

From the snippets I caught from Smackdown (out of morbid fascination more than anything) the interview and in-ring talking segments come across as much weirder and more phoney than the matches themselves. A match heavy show like Wrestlemania will be about as good as a behind closed doors show ever could be I suppose.

This was going to be the first Wrestlemania in several years that I wasn't going to bother with. Had no interest in watching it. Suddenly, and fuck knows why, but holding this 10 hour event in a near-empty gym intrigues the shit out of me. 

No HHH over the top entrance? It’s going to blow!

only joking. It will only be about 3 hours long instead

So do we think theyll scale it down a bit now

No need to have a 5+ hour show by shoehorning everyone onto the card

2 world title matches

3 womens title Matches

Owens vs Rollins

Cena vs Fiend

Styles vs Taker

A hot Fatal 4 way opener for the US Title between the Mexican lads

9 match card perfect

8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This was going to be the first Wrestlemania in several years that I wasn't going to bother with. Had no interest in watching it. Suddenly, and fuck knows why, but holding this 10 hour event in a near-empty gym intrigues the shit out of me. 

You know, I'm the complete opposite.

I know next to fuck all about the current product but I looked at the wikipedia page last week the thought of AJ Styles v The Undertaker intrigues me, and any Bill Goldberg is a positive in my book.

What's the usual craic with refunds when a gig is cancelled? I don't recall it ever happening to anything I've had tickets to before. Will they contact me, or refund automatically, or do I have to go chasing Ticketmasters customer services?

The reasons are understandable, but what a totally surreal state of affairs.

With the Hall Of Fame and Takeover postponed/cancelled, TV’s will need to be re-written and these big matches dotted over a few ‘regular’ shows.

I assume the Hall Of Fame can be placed later in the year.

But Wrestlemania. If you’d said only 6 weeks ago this would be the case, I’d have struggled to believe it.