Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

• Awards Moderator

Is there a chance it becomes a taped show? No chance of broadcasting a botched jackhammer if you try fifteen times, or edit out the crash mats in post. Carny business after all. 

I bet they would still miss the spear. 

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

I actually don't think it'll be that bad. And all considered, given that no-one can go anywhere and are basically housebound, the viewing figures will be tremendous.

From the snippets I caught from Smackdown (out of morbid fascination more than anything) the interview and in-ring talking segments come across as much weirder and more phoney than the matches themselves. A match heavy show like Wrestlemania will be about as good as a behind closed doors show ever could be I suppose.

• Paid Members

This was going to be the first Wrestlemania in several years that I wasn't going to bother with. Had no interest in watching it. Suddenly, and fuck knows why, but holding this 10 hour event in a near-empty gym intrigues the shit out of me. 

So do we think theyll scale it down a bit now

No need to have a 5+ hour show by shoehorning everyone onto the card

2 world title matches

3 womens title Matches

Owens vs Rollins

Cena vs Fiend

Styles vs Taker

A hot Fatal 4 way opener for the US Title between the Mexican lads

9 match card perfect

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This was going to be the first Wrestlemania in several years that I wasn't going to bother with. Had no interest in watching it. Suddenly, and fuck knows why, but holding this 10 hour event in a near-empty gym intrigues the shit out of me. 

You know, I'm the complete opposite.

I know next to fuck all about the current product but I looked at the wikipedia page last week the thought of AJ Styles v The Undertaker intrigues me, and any Bill Goldberg is a positive in my book.

The reasons are understandable, but what a totally surreal state of affairs.

With the Hall Of Fame and Takeover postponed/cancelled, TV’s will need to be re-written and these big matches dotted over a few ‘regular’ shows.

I assume the Hall Of Fame can be placed later in the year.

But Wrestlemania. If you’d said only 6 weeks ago this would be the case, I’d have struggled to believe it.

5 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

What's the usual craic with refunds when a gig is cancelled? I don't recall it ever happening to anything I've had tickets to before. Will they contact me, or refund automatically, or do I have to go chasing Ticketmasters customer services?

They should contact us

I'm expecting it to be in the next couple of days if not tomorrow

Me and my wife had tickets for Lady Gaga at the o2 a couple of years back which firstly got re arranged and the tickets where honoured for that date but then the rearranged show also got cancelled and I was given a full refund a few days later

If I dont hear anything by Wednesday afternoon I'm going to send off an E-Mail or a tweet and see what time frame they have for it all

Edited by MVP RULZ

4 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

What's the usual craic with refunds when a gig is cancelled? I don't recall it ever happening to anything I've had tickets to before. Will they contact me, or refund automatically, or do I have to go chasing Ticketmasters customer services?

Ive had 4 (non wrestling) shows in theatres, arenas etc cancelled in the last few days. 3 I got refunds straight away and the other is planning to issue refunds in 48 hours. I’d contact them, but be aware that if it’s WM you’re in about there will be tens of thousands doing the same so might take a while.