Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

Depends on the date surely? A June/July date good give a 2/3 month window to get an NFL stadium back to standard

Agreed, but previous poster mentioned 6 months which takes you to the end of September, while 6 months from WM’s current date takes you into October.

While he could as you say take it away from Tampa, I don’t envision him taking it out of Florida due to certain tax breaks that I believe they get

Edited by WyattSheepMask

17 hours ago, Supremo said:

So, with it looking extremely unlikely that this is happening in its current form, how do people think they go about it? Would they do all the Wrestlemania matches in an empty Performance Center? I don't know how they could really address a postponement in storylines otherwise. Everyone has all these storylines ready to peak in three weeks. Is Vince just going to suddenly wake up and pretend everything was a dream until things have calmed down? Can they even pause the entire company and not deliver TV shows to USA and Fox for a month or so?

A friend and I were discussing this at work and if they have a similar thing that 500/1000 was the maximum people permitted then I would just cram that number of people into the PC or an alternative small venue. Even look into the logistics of an outdoor venue if that would allow more leeway. Have the matches as planned, make it as good as you possibly could hopefully with a small very hot crowd then advertise/promote the hell out of it being "free" for new sign ups over the next 3 weeks. The casual eyes who potentially would check it out with pretty much all other sport cancelled at the minute could potentially create a huge audience.

• Awards Moderator
19 hours ago, Supremo said:

Can they even pause the entire company and not deliver TV shows to USA and Fox for a month or so?

I'd imagine in their (hefty) contract they are obligated to provide x hours of original programming per week. 

Aside from that, Vince's ego won't let his programming be interrupted by anything. Assuming WrestleMania doesn't happen in it's current schedule, I can see him rampaging around the Connecticut office screaming about snowflakes (not the Meltzer kind) and spineless libcucktards. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I'd imagine in their (hefty) contract they are obligated to provide x hours of original programming per week. 

That was my thoughts as to why they only repeated one match from the Elimination Chamber during the show, because so much of it has to be new content. The thing is most other sports are post season or have been cancelled. They haven't so they still have contracts to worry about.

However, if HHH really wants to follow in Vince's footsteps, and due to how great he was on Friday, he should permanently be on the Commentary team, especially as he has more free time due to his demotion. 

With the storylines, I think its easy enough to deal with a postponement to late June/early July. Just don't have the part-timers show up for a little while (or at least less frequently), keep Rhipley and Baszler on NXT. The rest of the matches haven't really been confirmed and can be ran sooner if need be. Failing that, use MITB as a way of building a new title match.

If its postponed, I think the venue changes to either Orlando or Miami. I can see Vince having a tantrum about it. 

Edited by AVM

3 hours ago, AVM said:

If its postponed, I think the venue changes to either Orlando or Miami. I can see Vince having a tantrum about it. 

Seems unlikely. It’d cast doubt on future bids, if WWE can just change cities based on factors outside of the accepted bidder’s control.

This is unbelievable. It's the only option though realistically. This isn't going away anytime soon and one postponment would lead to another. It's the only thing they can do other than cancel. We've lost the Crockett Cup but we've still got Wrestmania. We've just got to be grateful for any wrestling we get now. Like the early part of this century 😀

Edited by Angle_fan