Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

I'd blame Auto Correct but I probably still would have got it incorrect. 

I’m watching Trumps speech now. He might ban the UK also now...

Buckle your seat belts.

Highspots Mike. who runs WrestleCon has done a video on their channel saying that he's on the hook for the hotel bills, venues etc if this gets cancelled, and it'd essentially bankrupt both WrestleCon and Highspots (as well as him losing assets like his house.)

He reckons WrestleMania isnt happening, and nobody thinks it is.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

43 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Highspots Mike. who runs WrestleCon has done a video on their channel saying that he's on the hook for the hotel bills, venues etc if this gets cancelled, and it'd essentially bankrupt both WrestleCon and Highspots (as well as him losing assets like his house.)

He reckons WrestleMania isnt happening, and nobody thinks it is.

That’s awful. Your ‘worst case scenario’ should always be to ‘break even’ and simply waste your time and effort, not your money. And always timely hedge your bets when shit goes south. 

He should have put somekind of a MAC-clause in the contract that protects you when there is a  drastic change in the economy.

Leveraging your house unsecured is basically Russian roulette. 

Let’s hope for everyones sake Vince finds a way to give Mania the green light.

54 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

That’s awful. Your ‘worst case scenario’ should always be to ‘break even’ and simply waste your time and effort, not your money. And always timely hedge your bets when shit goes south. 

He should have put somekind of a MAC-clause in the contract that protects you when there is a  drastic change in the economy.

Leveraging your house unsecured is basically Russian roulette. 

Let’s hope for everyones sake Vince finds a way to give Mania the green light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hd9Bg6rHoE

After watching the video he has got some kind of clause like that in the contract, and his problem right now is that he can't personally cancel Wrestlecon as he'd be on the hook for a shitload of money. So he's having to wait for other people to ban gatherings of x amount of people or something similar, then he can announce it's cancelled and be legally covered.

Losing his house is technically a separate issue he says. As can be reasonably expected he's already paid out a lot of money he received from ticket sales, and if he has to refund everyone that's when he might lose his house.

While I can fully understand people wanting immediate answers from WWE, Wrestlecon, and Tampa city officials and so on, everything is a giant clusterfuck right now and nobody wants to blink first as whoever does is liable to take a significant financial hit. I can appreciate people whose plans are in chaos right now not having too much patience though...

Edited by Tamura

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Travel ban to the US will be extended to include UK from Monday. (BBC)

Anyone know whether tickets are refundable for overseas purchasers for Takeover, Wrestlemania and Raw if these events (somehow) go ahead? Hopefully WWE/Tampa do the right thing but we all know what Vince is like!

Yeah wish WWE would announce something so everyone can at least know where we stand with refunds for UK and Europe residents who now cant attend even if it somehow does go ahead or whether its postponed and just rescheduling to a new date and we can move our tickets to that date or whether its outright cancelled.

So, it's definite then.  Even if the show happens, we can't go?

I doubt it will happen and I imagine all the indy shows will cancel too, but hopefully if they do go ahead, they offer refunds anyway.

So, with it looking extremely unlikely that this is happening in its current form, how do people think they go about it? Would they do all the Wrestlemania matches in an empty Performance Center? I don't know how they could really address a postponement in storylines otherwise. Everyone has all these storylines ready to peak in three weeks. Is Vince just going to suddenly wake up and pretend everything was a dream until things have calmed down? Can they even pause the entire company and not deliver TV shows to USA and Fox for a month or so?

Edited by Supremo

42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

So, with it looking extremely unlikely that this is happening in its current form, how do people think they go about it? Would they do all the Wrestlemania matches in an empty Performance Center? I don't know how they could really address a postponement in storylines otherwise. Everyone has all these storylines ready to peak in three weeks. Is Vince just going to suddenly wake up and pretend everything was a dream until things have calmed down? Can they even pause the entire company and not deliver TV shows to USA and Fox for a month or so?

Was thinking this myself earlier on.  Depending on whether their tied to deliver it on PPV in certain countries or not, could they run it as a TV Special rather than a PPV and hold it on a Wednesday against AEW and then build to Wrestlemania 36 2.0 later in the year with fresh matches.

Ive not watched RAW or Smackdown properly in years, but I’m going to get them this week just out of morbid curiosity. An episode of TVis one thing, but when your looking to pay off feuds and storylines and rely on the reaction and emotional involvement of a live audience, if you present what would’ve been Wrestlemania to no-one, those matches will suffer.

Obviously we’ve had Empty Arena Matches in the past, but they’re to use the term again, a curiosity. A full show of that could be devastating going forward, or it’s going to make them have to think outside of the box and show how creative they actually can be

Edited by WyattSheepMask

They have a ton of content. Just air previous PPV matches for free on TV the next few weeks.

Send the wrestlers home to their families.

The stock price is already murdered.

Edited by LWOLeN

Just now, LWOLeN said:

They have a ton of content. Just air previous PPV matches for free on TV the next few weeks.

Send the wrestlers home to their families.

Well yeah, that would be the common sense thing to do, but we all know Wrestling is like no other industry