Wrestlers you like who you really shouldn’t

RedRooster

22 hours ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Some of that is ok, but there’s too much of it now for my liking. It’s different times and the nature of how people get into/start wrestling has massively changed. But just about everyone there now was a fan first (except Lesnar) and they’ll be presented as such in some form of WWE content somewhere.

It was used really effectively back in the day with Mick Foley, but too many now do come across as nerds that found their way to WWE rather than larger than life superstars. There was still plenty of wrestlers from the 80s and 90s that were fans first, you’d almost never get them presented as such though, which helped make everything seem like it was all from this fascinating, mental, magical other world.

Yeah, the superstar thing is kind of a lost art these days.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A12341D7-4919-4A87-84A1-0D3B2D11ADD0.thumb.jpeg.1b3bbe963d1e0965630666ca44a034f8.jpeg

Imagine not loving them. In that photo alone they're showing more character than two thirds of the current roster. 

Does William Regal run a, "how to pull a stupid face," class at the Performance Centre? If not, he should.

I'd pop so huge for a nostalgia run. Maybe feud Dolph with Shane. Shane brings back The Mean Street Posse so Dolph brings back The Squad.

• Awards Moderator
20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

A12341D7-4919-4A87-84A1-0D3B2D11ADD0.thumb.jpeg.1b3bbe963d1e0965630666ca44a034f8.jpeg

Imagine not loving them. In that photo alone they're showing more character than two thirds of the current roster. 

Does William Regal run a, "how to pull a stupid face," class at the Performance Centre? If not, he should.

I'd pop so huge for a nostalgia run. Maybe feud Dolph with Shane. Shane brings back The Mean Street Posse so Dolph brings back The Squad.

We already got a Kenny & Mikey mini-run on Smackers a couple of years ago, didn't we? Possibly in the second or third year of the Ziggler-Miz feud, though I don't think Dolph ever did anything so interesting as get the gear on again. Has Johnny Jeter done anything in wrestling since Spirit Squad? I bloody loved him in Heyman's OVW.

Archived