Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RedRooster

Wrestlers you like who you really shouldn’t

Recommended Posts

I remember liking both Crush and Ahmed Johnson but I didn't like Zack Ryder until his Z! True Long Island Story videos where he tried to get over a fence and showed that he could draw money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CL Punk said:

 

.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
vzzbx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

With a pencil and paper, sure.

With crayons and paper.

I mean, the guy got over by making funny little videos by himself and then the WWE didn't like that he got himself over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the Mountie and then latterly the Quebeckers count? I loved that jailhouse match followed by the Jacque and Pierres title run.  Loved has dastardly that shock-stick was. Bought it hook line and sinker as a kid. The noise the edited in sounds awful these days listening back. Wonder how anyone in the arena bought it. 

Thinking about it loved Men on a Mission from back then too. Oscar's rapping to the ring was immense. Only the face version though. The heel run and King Mabel was absolute gash and I can't think of anything positive about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad Luck Fale. A hopeless, immobile lump who has about two good matches a year but he's funny as fuck. He embraces the fact he's shit, but he's still getting paid - so why should he care about what people like us think on the internet? Love him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

Does the Mountie and then latterly the Quebeckers count?

They were both genuinely good so maybe not.

On a similar note to Nick Gage, I adore The Necro Butcher. Looked like absolute shite and couldn't work a lick but he had this real odd charisma and would put himself through the worst shit possible, I wouldn't want to see anyone do that now but at the time I loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CL Punk said:

With crayons and paper.

I mean, the guy got over by making funny little videos by himself and then the WWE didn't like that he got himself over.

I don't think it's anything to do with the fact that he "got himself over", so much as his YouTube videos presented him as a nerd and a schmuck, so that's how he was booked in response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't think it's anything to do with the fact that he "got himself over", so much as his YouTube videos presented him as a nerd and a schmuck, so that's how he was booked in response.

I kinda liked him because he's such a huge nerd.

I like it when we see that the guys and gals that are now professional wrestlers were fans first, I find that almost endearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CL Punk said:

I kinda liked him because he's such a huge nerd.

I like it when we see that the guys and gals that are now professional wrestlers were fans first, I find that almost endearing.

Some of that is ok, but there’s too much of it now for my liking. It’s different times and the nature of how people get into/start wrestling has massively changed. But just about everyone there now was a fan first (except Lesnar) and they’ll be presented as such in some form of WWE content somewhere.

It was used really effectively back in the day with Mick Foley, but too many now do come across as nerds that found their way to WWE rather than larger than life superstars. There was still plenty of wrestlers from the 80s and 90s that were fans first, you’d almost never get them presented as such though, which helped make everything seem like it was all from this fascinating, mental, magical other world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CL Punk said:

I kinda liked him because he's such a huge nerd.

I like it when we see that the guys and gals that are now professional wrestlers were fans first, I find that almost endearing.

Which is fine, but it doesn't translate to a successful wrestling persona - he presented himself as a goofball and a lovable loser, then his fans were annoyed that he was booked to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Viscera/Mabel/Big Daddy V , I think i grew up loving fat wrestlers, like morbidly obese ones, no matter how crap, but the king of the fat wrestlers is Vis, bloody loved him

I didn't really become a fan until he became Big Daddy V. For me, the absolute best fat monster wrestler ever was Earthquake, but he was actually really good; with V, it was like there was something about his wrestling style that I couldn't get into as Mabel or Vis, but for some reason, something "clicked" into place with his last incarnation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I didn't really become a fan until he became Big Daddy V. For me, the absolute best fat monster wrestler ever was Earthquake, but he was actually really good; with V, it was like there was something about his wrestling style that I couldn't get into as Mabel or Vis, but for some reason, something "clicked" into place with his last incarnation.

What about him dry humping his opponents whilst wearing velvet pyjamas didn't click for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

What about him dry humping his opponents whilst wearing velvet pyjamas didn't click for you? 

Should've kept the PVC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...