Wrestlers you like who you really shouldn’t

RedRooster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Load of revisionist tosh about Johnson because he got injured all the time and eventually fat. He was really good in 1995/96 and pushed well by Vince. Was unlucky with serious injuries early on and then broke.

Trevor Murdoch was a fun little worker. Probably never wanted anyone to get more of a push more outside of Luke Harper 

Because of this thread, I've spent the last ten minutes wondering what Bret vs Kurrgan for the title at WrestleMania 14 would have been like, in some kind of non-Attitude Era parallel universe.

The answer, of course, is ace.

5 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

I like Alicia Fox. Other than a great northern lights suplex, she is average at best in the ring. Don't care though, she cracks me up.

Ha! Yes! She managed to have both the worst and best part of the Women’s Rumble this year. That awful spot over the hat with Maria, but her entrance, BahGawd! I absolutely fucking pissed myself for ages at that. I seem to be the only person in the world who did, as it didn’t seem to be mentioned or acknowledged by anyone, anywhere.

She genuinely comes across as the completely batshit mental gf/exgf type and I bloody love her for it.

Hulk Hogan.  And not just because he's a big old orange racist.

When I first got into wrestling, he was in WCW which wasn't on the telly, so I'd buy those Best of WCW tapes from the market, where you got about 5 minutes of PPV matches plus some backstage stuff.  I had discovered internet wrestling sites, which universally told me that Hogan was old, shit, had always been shit, couldn't wrestle etc etc.  But on the tapes he looked like the coolest guy in wrestling.

Then when he finally returned to WWF, I was expecting him to be like Mr Glass thanks to wrestling experts - he wouldn't be able to even take a bump, he'd refuse to put people over etc.  But lo and behold he had his working boots on, and had that incredible match with the Rock, which is still my favourite match of all time.  And passing out to Lesnar's bearhug, with Lesnar wiping Hogan's blood across his chest - that MADE Lesnar.

So yeah.  I know I'm not allowed to like him because he bragged to his mates' Mrs, who he was banging, that he hates n***ers.  And I know he has ridiculous hair, and his skin now resembles a shar pei puppy.   But I've loved everything I've seen of his - everything from the Andre match to Hogan Knows Best, from his tagging with Edge to that Sting match in TNA.  He's the most entertaining guy in wrestling history.  I will always pop for that music and I'm glad he's back in the WWE family. 

Crush- colourful Hawaiian face version and later on in Kronik. Seems to get a lot of stick, particularly in the latter, but I love big Bryan. Just a big lummox, squeezing people's heads as a tropical superhuman and chucking them around in the late 90's dressed like the town goth. 

• Paid Members

Nick Gage. Mediocre at best in-ring and he's got quite a dubious past, but I fucking love him. His entrance alone is worth his booking fee. He has a feeling of legitimacy about him that a lot of guys currently lack, and it gives every match a 'Big Fight' feel. I lost my shit when I saw him twice live at last year's 'Mania weekend and I hope someone finds a way to weave through the legalities to bring him over here.

MDK. Eastern block. H8 Club. Gang affiliated. We run this shit. MDK all fucking day.

5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Nick Gage. Mediocre at best in-ring and he's got quite a dubious past, but I fucking love him. His entrance alone is worth his booking fee. He has a feeling of legitimacy about him that a lot of guys currently lack, and it gives every match a 'Big Fight' feel. I lost my shit when I saw him twice live at last year's 'Mania weekend and I hope someone finds a way to weave through the legalities to bring him over here.

MDK. Eastern block. H8 Club. Gang affiliated. We run this shit. MDK all fucking day.

Totally agree with this! To be part of a Nick Gage entrance live, is a thing of beauty.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Thinking about it, Vampiro. Bit of a shithouse, not a good worker, not a good announcer, bullshit artist extraordinaire, but I always like seeing him show up somewhere.

I also like Vampiro, but for no better reason than, back when I was stinking up IPW:UK as a manager, he hit me with a Nail In The Coffin as part of a fed pay-off. Was like lying down really fast. Plus he was also really engaging and friendly in the locker room.

• Paid Members

The fact that Nick Gage is still around and is probably more popular than ever is pretty amazing considering the career he's had. When i watching CZW regular back in early 00's i never would have predicted he'd still be around nearly 20 years later. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The fact that Nick Gage is still around and is probably more popular than ever is pretty amazing considering the career he's had. When i watching CZW regular back in early 00's i never would have predicted he'd still be around nearly 20 years later. 

I'd say it'd be amazing if he hadn't gone away for a while. If he hadn't spent those years in gaol, I'm pretty sure he'd have retired through injury by now.

Archived