Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

57 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Why does he have to? Big E is talented enough that they could push him as a top singles babyface and keep him with New Day.

I wonder how long Kofi is actually going to stick around for considering he has been full time since 2008. Kofi taking off would mean that a returning Xavier Woods could either quietly just become the buddy of Big E in his main even run or turn on Big E or be turned on by. I'd actually prefer for Woods to turn on Big E and then become a heel wrestler/ manager with a bigger guy to be the build up feud to him challenging for the title. 

Honestly I'd love them to keep New Day together. It'd be such a refreshing change just to not have these guys suddenly hate each other. They clearly have so much friendship and respect for each other that it would be perfectly believable to have them support Big E going solo. I don't think they need the typical turn and split.

5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Honestly I'd love them to keep New Day together. It'd be such a refreshing change just to not have these guys suddenly hate each other. They clearly have so much friendship and respect for each other that it would be perfectly believable to have them support Big E going solo. I don't think they need the typical turn and split.

Plus the fact they already did that when Kofi went solo last year!

5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Plus the fact they already did that when Kofi went solo last year!

And although we are in the “reality” era, and have to take a lot of things with a pinch of salt, I just couldn’t see the “hatred” transferring to UUDD. People just couldn’t and wouldn’t buy it.

I don't think they need to break up but they've been a team 6 years or so? Its pretty stale as an act and how much longer can they keep doing same thing.

They could go with Big E push in the team but I think it would hold him back as a midcard world champion, I thought Kofi suffered same fate.

Keep Kofi and Woods on SD and draft E to Raw for a push, Keeps them together but apart and can always go back if need be.

I'd be content for them to do their own thing but stay mates. Y'know, like normal relatable human beings do. They can occasionally team up when booking requires it. Similar to how when DX broke up in 99 but Road Dogg, X-Pac, Chyna and Gunn would back each other up now and then. They could do a better, more consistent version of that.

17 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

They could do a better, more consistent version of that.

This is WWE in 2020 we're talking about. I think we all know it won't be better or more consistent.

Agree with @LaGoosh. Having them competing for individual titles (Big E for the Big One) and bringing them back together for storyline purposes (for example against Braun/Bray Wyatt stable) wouldn't be the worst idea. It would give them a few more options for storylines in each division.

I fully appreciate that WWE will do nothing of the sort though.

Have just seen a clip from Smackdown - possibly a silly question and I am likely giving this WAY too much thought but if The Fiend was carrying what was supposed to be an effigy of the severed head of Manson-Wyatt (signifying he is 'dead') how and why is Manson-Wyatt back on TV?

Have Firefly Funhouse Wyatt and The Fiend gone:or is this a Mankind/Dude Love/Cactus Jack type deal? 

I haven’t seen this week’s show yet, but the vibe I got from the previous week is that having beaten jolly, ‘normal’ Bray at MITB, he now has to beat Wyatt Family Bray, before presumably facing the Fiend at Summerslam in a journey linking together all their ‘history’ or something. 

It all seems semi-canon anyway at the minute so I wouldn’t worry too much about it!

Just watching the highlights on Paramount now, are all the Taker Highlights just the Phenom, or is there going to be some ginger hair, snakeskin pants "you're gonna pay" Taker as well?