Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

There doesn't seem any point whatsoever broadcasting it live and working round ad breaks now. Once they've make a decision about WrestleMania, they might as well just tape a month's worth of show over a few days (with no fans to leak spoilers) and send everyone home to be with their families.

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I noticed in the WrestleMania match graphics last night they didn’t put a date on them, but did they do that before?

I said to my mate

They continued to Advertise and Book for Mania but they seemed to go out of there way to not mention a date or even a City for it 

Considering they usually Bombard us every 5 mins with where and when the show will be so think that was quite telling

Edited by MVP RULZ

20 minutes ago, JNLister said:

There doesn't seem any point whatsoever broadcasting it live and working round ad breaks now. Once they've make a decision about WrestleMania, they might as well just tape a month's worth of show over a few days (with no fans to leak spoilers) and send everyone home to be with their families.

WWE Powerrr!

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

My dream scenario is they have to flat out cancel everything up until Mania, but Mania goes ahead. It'd feel fresh & exciting, and they only fuck the builds up the longer they go anyway.

I realise this won't happen.

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

1 hour ago, AshC said:

WWE Powerrr!

52 minutes ago, Statto said:

My dream scenario is they have to flat out cancel everything up until Mania, but Mania goes ahead. It'd feel fresh & exciting, and they only fuck the builds up the longer they go anyway.

I realise this won't happen. 

Great 3 posts there. Vince should just hire a studio and give Corgan a ring for advice. He seems to have it nailed.

Also love the idea of just cancelling everything for a few weeks. Could only benefit the product 

Edited by Angle_fan

Choose Your Own Adventure wrestling. Film various endings and outcomes for every match. Then every snarky fan on Twitter that hate-watches the product can have exactly the wrestling they want, before quickly realising they're not the booking genius they thought they were. Might shit them up. Keeping the typo! 😂

I was hoping they might take the opportunity of not having a crowd to do some funky stuff with Wyatt and the Fiend:

Imagine Wyatt coming out as he did but talking to Cena (prefilmed with a fixed camera angle), only for the Fiend to attack Cena from behind (live) and then having some maniacal laughter as the fiend and Bray face off in the ring to finish the show. 

edit: thinking about it, they didn’t have much time. Maybe next week?

Edited by Sym

I don’t follow WWE anymore but saw a couple of Smackdown bits on Twitter and Instagram.

I didn’t realise the Performance Centre had a mini arena inside, or has this been quickly put together in the past weeks weeks?

10 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I don’t follow WWE anymore but saw a couple of Smackdown bits on Twitter and Instagram.

I didn’t realise the Performance Centre had a mini arena inside, or has this been quickly put together in the past weeks weeks?

They used it last year for that fun Half Time Heat six man tag match. Worth a watch for sure.

While it was unique and I commend them for trying, I think they'd be better off just putting together video packages, interviews and archive footage without being in an arena/ring. The empty ringside just serves to remind us of the challenges in the outside world and it felt quite apocalyptic. 

I don't think it was a bad show but wrestling just is nothing without a crowd.

That Gronk lad’s quite the annoying twat, isn’t he? Looking forward to WWE realising and turning him heel about nine months to a year too late. Poor Mojo, too. You can sense his hope and belief that this is going to turn his career around, when everyone else on the planet knows it’s never going to happen.

Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak are the only act in this company that works in an empty building. They’re great together.