The Smackers Thread

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Smackdown lost the casual viewer as I did mention in my original post and your right the number of Die Hard fans might be lower then they anticipated

I think they should be worrying about wrestling fans instead, the Die Hard fans will do alright with Christmas coming up.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget: the clocks changed last week so if you want to record Smackdown you probably need some professional help.

What a Mark. 

Rob Gronkowski's ring entrance in an empty arena was the most embarrassing and cringy thing I may have ever seen as a wrestling fan. And thats coming from somebody whose parents were in the room when

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Again I'm not arguing that its a great number or that WWE shouldn't be a little disappointed at the huge drop off but the way some have proclaimed it as the death of WWE and AEW is on top now is way over exaggerated to me

Would you honestly say if Dynamite had been in Smackdowns slot last week that it would of done any better?      

Yeah, but there's always some people that will claim anything, and twitter.com is the armpit for that type of talk - it's where message board troll posters go when nobody on the board gives a shit what they say any more. There's about .5% of the people on there who have something to contribute, most don't, so I wouldn't sweat it.

As for whether Dynamite would have done any better in the slot - there's no way to know, and I never said they would, but that number being lower than Dynamite on Wednesday, which has direct WWE competition, is an eye opener, because even with the circumstances that obviously contributed to the number being low, it shows that AEW's ceiling is higher than WWE's floor, and they shouldn't consider themselves untouchable. AEW beating Smackdown in Canada is something to keep an eye on too. 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

I'm actually surprised that half of those Smackdown numbers watched the follow up Smackdown Backstage afterwards. 

Also does anyone know whether it counts recorded shows? Some may have recorded and watched over the weekend? 

Edited by Briefcase
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I'm actually surprised that half of those Smackdown numbers watched the follow up Smackdown Backstage afterwards. 

Also does anyone know whether it counts recorded shows? Some may have recorded and watched over the weekend? 

No, all numbers are for the first airing live.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Don't forget: the clocks changed last week so if you want to record Smackdown you probably need some professional help.

Do you have the VideoPlus+ code? It’s not in the TV Times

Aiden English getting Pulled from commentary 20 minutes into the show after calling Shayna Baszler the queen of hearts was nearly as hilarious as Carmella sandbagging the Bianca Belair beat down.

Fun Show, really enjoyed it.  Hopefully some more of this on Monday to build towards Survivor Series and not just a one off. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!
  • Paid Members

Is Lesnar "quitting" the solution to the world title situation? Odd given Fox wanted the big stars. Maybe just short term to get him on both shows. Of only there was a logical solution to that?

Interesting show. They would never have done an NXT invasion this well under other circumstances so small mercies and all that. Surely Trips wrote this?