The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Posted (edited)

What are we doing here? Did you not read my review of the show? Solo Sikoa has had a new trim and bought a shiny red belt. That's the perspective we need.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

7 minutes ago, Chris B said:

You said that if it wasn't intentional, it certainly wasn't a sackable offence, and if it was intentional, firing her would be ridiculous.

At what point would firing someone for racism be an appropriate action? Would they have to be using the n-word regularly and refusing to apologise after being repeatedly warned not to?

I'm glad you're not blowing this whole thing out of proportion. It makes it so much easier to discuss the issue reasonably. 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Sorry. I should have put 'She's clearly a massive racist. I mean, look at her, she's white and blonde! I bet she's a Trump supporter too! Fire her! In fact, arrest her.'

Damn me for trying to look at things with some perspective. I won't do it again and can only offer my sincere apologies for doing so.

Apology accepted!

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

What are we doing here? Did you not read my review of the show? Solo Sikoa has had a new trim and bought a shiny red belt. That's the perspective we need.

Yeah but he also has to put up with this.

And people were worried about his music!

18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah but he also has to put up with this.

And people were worried about his music!

I don't really like what they're doing with Tama. The whole 'savage' thing is just a bit weird, hearing Graves talking about his lack of 'civility' and the silly noises... if it wasn't for his gear you'd sat he was one of those 90s Pacific Island stereotype characters.

I don't know why he couldn't just be a hard bloke who's also a bit human, like the rest of the Bloodline have been.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'm glad you're not blowing this whole thing out of proportion. It makes it so much easier to discuss the issue reasonably. 

At what point, though? Since you're looking at things with some perspective, at what point would it be appropriate to fire someone for racism?

I think for me it's how the whole look comes together, the new trim, the red jacket, the gloves, the opened collar shirt and gloves. It's a very strong look, but you're not sure whether next week he's going to turn up and beat someone to death, or hold a rose between his teeth and ask one of the mid-card women wrestlers to dance.

• Paid Members

Thought the Jade result was the right call, no need to kill momentum or have her vs Belair used straight away on free tv, just her over zealous and still being quite new getting the better of her causing a DQ. 

Lyra vs Nia seems like it wouldn't work on paper without falling apart a bit but at the same time Lyra coming out of it as a giant killer gives Becky her next challenger too. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

He looks like he’s turned one of his dads dinner jackets inside out.

Just before he turns LA Knight inside out, right?

That's the beauty of it, I think. He's got all the physical attributes, but he's sort of playing boss; doing things he thinks bosses do, but badly. He's a Princeling playing King whilst he has the chance, but by the time Roman returns he won't want to give the costume back.

On another note, I hope Orton gets a good run before his heart pops. The massive fucker delivered one of the best wrestling promos in a while. Just all emotion and rage (and spit).

Smackdown's where its at right now.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

16 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

He's not a racist Daz, so no one cares apparently. 

But... we don't know if Tiffany Stratton is either. We never will know. We just know what's happened. And this forum having an abstract discussion on how to best punish racist acts without the surety of intent isn't the Saturday I wanted.

Not when Solo is wearing such a snazzy jacket.