Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

5 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

There’s talk of Owens going back to NXT for the launch on USA. Could be a good move. 

I hope not, the launch should be based around Ciampa’s return.

he teased it on Twitter according to someone who decoded the code he tweeted. He'll probably show up on one episode, and cause trouble and be brought back to have a HIAC with Shane.

I'd enjoy it if he'd end up popping up in a few places now he's been "fired". Show up at NXT. Have Evolve got a show coming up in the next few weeks? (possible) Maybe he'll pop along to Progress on Sunday (less likely, although they are sending Riddle and Trevor Lee). Would be a nice way to tease before he returns for the inevitable HIAC with Shane. 

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I thought the main event was pretty good, as was the Rowan/Roman set up and Orton/Kofi. Bayley still looks clueless to her character direction 

She's looked clueless since she went to the main roster in fairness.

9 minutes ago, DCW said:

She's looked clueless since she went to the main roster in fairness.

sorry, even more clueless then ever.

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

I'd enjoy it if he'd end up popping up in a few places now he's been "fired". Show up at NXT. Have Evolve got a show coming up in the next few weeks? (possible) Maybe he'll pop along to Progress on Sunday (less likely, although they are sending Riddle and Trevor Lee). Would be a nice way to tease before he returns for the inevitable HIAC with Shane. 

Ahhh crap now I want him to be Dunne's mystery opponent :(

Kevin Owens hinted on Twitter that he might head to NXT. Great idea. He's exactly the kind of guy I'd like to see go over and breathe some life back into the show. Isn't he best mates with Adam Cole? I bet he'd relish an opportunity to feud with him. It's not like Cole has many other contenders on the horizon. I'd love Owens and Zayn returning s babyfaces to, "save,' NXT from the Undisputed Era.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:40 AM, Callum1993 said:

There’s talk of Owens going back to NXT for the launch on USA. Could be a good move. 

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Kevin Owens hinted on Twitter that he might head to NXT. Great idea. He's exactly the kind of guy I'd like to see go over and breathe some life back into the show. Isn't he best mates with Adam Cole? I bet he'd relish an opportunity to feud with him. It's not like Cole has many other contenders on the horizon. I'd love Owens and Zayn returning s babyfaces to, "save,' NXT from the Undisputed Era.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I think Owen's going back to NXT gives it some star power from an established main roster guy, and gives him a chance to reboot for a while. I think it's a great idea

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

Fight work rate pervs with workrate pervs I say. If you want to truly damage AEW's audience, send over the likes of Zayn, Owens, Cesaro, maybe even Bryan to NXT. Its hardly a demotion when its Network TV.

7 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Fight work rate pervs with workrate pervs I say. If you want to truly damage AEW's audience, send over the likes of Zayn, Owens, Cesaro, maybe even Bryan to NXT. Its hardly a demotion when its Network TV.

I doubt they would even have to try that hard.

10 hours ago, Seratonin said:

I doubt they would even have to try that hard.

They would have to try that hard because WWE’s goodwill is in the toilet and AEW haven’t been burning fans for years. For WWE to actually appear they are presenting a better show they would have to put effort in and work at it for a few months before fans buy into it

14 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They would have to try that hard because WWE’s goodwill is in the toilet and AEW haven’t been burning fans for years. For WWE to actually appear they are presenting a better show they would have to put effort in and work at it for a few months before fans buy into it

And yet if it was that easy, surely TNA/Impact would be doing far better?

6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

And yet if it was that easy, surely TNA/Impact would be doing far better?

TNA/Impacts goodwill is also in the toilet