Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

One thing I learned from watching Hobbs and Shaw is that Uso is Samoan for brother. 

It means same gender sibling - so two brothers would call each other "Uso", two sisters could call each other "Uso", but a brother couldn't call their sister "Uso". It's also quite often used in the same way a lot of the big Polynesian families will use "cousin" or "blood brother", to mean a close family member but not necessarily literally a brother or cousin. Often abbreviated to just "Uce".

If you watch a lot of the Anoai family in the WWF over the years, they tend to shout it, I imagine as a kind of inside shout-out to their family. Watching the Summerslam Spectacular '93 on the Network last night, Yokozuna does it a few times during Cornette's promo.

Edited by BomberPat

Plus Jimmy and Jey have used Uce in promos and call people Uce all the time on UpUpDownDown. Quite a few members of the roster called Reigns Uce in their tweets to him after he’s leukaemia announcement so I’m guessing that’s the new brother, brother. 

The driver never bothered to get out the vehicle and apologise either. Makes no sense and sounds so lame.

Coming out of that Smackdown, I'd love it if Bryan and Reigns formed there own little factions to feud, Bryan could have Rowan, Murphy and maybe Harper if they ever decide to bring him back, and Roman could have the Uso's and a hesitant Samoa Joe.

I think it would make some great TV between now and Survivor Series leading into a big elimination match.

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Coming out of that Smackdown, I'd love it if Bryan and Reigns formed there own little factions to feud, Bryan could have Rowan, Murphy and maybe Harper if they ever decide to bring him back, and Roman could have the Uso's and a hesitant Samoa Joe.

I think it would make some great TV between now and Survivor Series leading into a big elimination match.

Sounds great but would take planning where as the typical Raw vs SD stuff is basically use the year before's template. Hopefully they will do something different but I doubt it. We'll get 2 or 3 survivors matches for singles, tag and women. Brock destroying the WWE champion and another so called inter brand match even if everyone shows up fucking everywhere each week anyway. 

On 8/2/2019 at 5:46 PM, PowerButchi said:

Love this video. We watched it when I got my MEWP licence and again when I went on the FLT course. So good. 

I'm just watching smackers at my other half's uncle's. The editing is a bit daft. They go to a still/edit when Kofi is leg dropping Orton trough tables in the video clip and when Rowan's dishing out steel stair shots, but when Roman's throwing Buddy Murphy around in the locker room it's entirely uncut. Makes no sense. 

Bryan, Rowan and Murphy against Reigns & the Uso Usos would be a nice 6 man. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Agreed. I don't know if they just forgot about him or didn't have anything for him but fuck me I hope they give him something now.

Show is worth watching for Roman/Buddy alone if anyone's thinking twice about it.