Jump to content

The Smackers Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget: the clocks changed last week so if you want to record Smackdown you probably need some professional help.

What a Mark. 

Rob Gronkowski's ring entrance in an empty arena was the most embarrassing and cringy thing I may have ever seen as a wrestling fan. And thats coming from somebody whose parents were in the room when

Posted Images

  • Paid Members
5 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

I wonder what the pre-shows will be. Crazy. 

No matches on Night 1 on the pre-show I imagine, so they can make a big deal of the first match back in front of fans on the main show. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

They've had two years to come up with a name for Roode/Ziggler and the best they could do was Dirty Dawgs?!

They still haven’t been officially announced as such, despite wearing merch with that name on for nearly a year, you can’t even buy them on WWE Shop

 

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

No matches on Night 1 on the pre-show I imagine, so they can make a big deal of the first match back in front of fans on the main show. 

Thats the rumour doing the rounds from that Wrestlevotes account, no pre show matches next Saturday so that whatever goes on first gets a monster pop

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

They've had two years to come up with a name for Roode/Ziggler and the best they could do was Dirty Dawgs?!

I'm not sure it's an 'official' name, but it seems to be something Roode & Ziggler themselves are trying to make work. They have referred to themselves as "a couple of dirty dawgs" on commentary & have t-shirts with it on, but I don't think they are WWE made ones.

Seems likely it's something they came up with themselves as Roode & Aries christened themselves The Dirty Heels in TNA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Thats the rumour doing the rounds from that Wrestlevotes account, no pre show matches next Saturday so that whatever goes on first gets a monster pop

I'd not heard the rumour, but it's only logical they'd want the pop to start the show rather than wasting it on a pre-show match no-one gives a shit about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Been announced tonight that next week's go home show will be a Wrestlemania appetizer featuring the Andre Battle Royal

I feel sorry for Jey Uso, after the year he’s had, being shunted in this match rather than making the main card in some way. It’s a real shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

How can Smackdown be so good, yet Raw be so shit? Smackdown seems like the wrestlers have a bit more freedom with a few of them being on the booking committee, but the difference in shows is day and night. If they had the 2 night Wrestlemania as Smackdown one night and Raw being the other, I'd certainly skip the Raw half.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very, very good show especially for a WWE show. As mentioned, it's amazing  that this show and Raw come from the same person. Just amazing. 

Roman and Edge were outstanding. Not really into Daniel Bryan but they fucked Edge up so badly that I'm up for anything that salvaged that match. Suler excited for it now. 

Mania looks pretty shit, possibly the most boring in history on paper, but I think I'd watch both shows just for this match. 

Edited by Yakashi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sami Zayn is just incredible in his current role. Those dance moves as Logan Paul came out. What a guy.

A few moans:

I think the Bianca and Sasha build has been beneath them. It's such a shame they couldn't book it as a hot build. Not that it should even need much booking but it's been really disappointing overall.

BUT not as disappointing as the women's tag titles. Poor Shayna. And that chaotic multi woman shit after the match was absolutely awful. They all looked shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Edge has recently mentioned in an interview that this is three guys who thought they would never wrestle again and I'm surprised they haven't played that up more in the story. That's actually rather interesting that all three could have been done for good and they are all back and working a match together at Wrestlemania.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Edge has recently mentioned in an interview that this is three guys who thought they would never wrestle again and I'm surprised they haven't played that up more in the story. That's actually rather interesting that all three could have been done for good and they are all back and working a match together at Wrestlemania.

I guess it wouldn't really play into Roman's character at the moment so probably want to stay away from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 7:19 PM, mim731 said:

I'd not heard the rumour, but it's only logical they'd want the pop to start the show rather than wasting it on a pre-show match no-one gives a shit about. 

I saw that rumor and an addition saying they want to have Belair or McIntyre out first. I'd say Belair is a better shout incase of the fans turning on Drew but then they might be that excited they forget about the shit he's been put through.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:53 AM, DavidB6937 said:

I guess it wouldn't really play into Roman's character at the moment so probably want to stay away from it.

Well Roman was back in a few months and not neck related so they could have had Roman saying how he could have died, he doesn't have fragile bones etc I could see Roman doing that right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...