Greatest shock returns

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Yeah, it was advertised for a few weeks beforehand along with Goldust, Venis and Godfather returning and was one of the selling points of that year’s Rumble. Rock did a promo about it and everything.

That was the year of Haku as well wasn’t it? Or was that 2001?

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That was the year of Haku as well wasn’t it? Or was that 2001?

That was 2001, as Haku went on to team with Rikishi and feud with Taker/Kane before wrestlemania.

For me, and I may be being biased here as I was there, but WM33’s return of the Hardyz. The atmosphere when the first few beats hit of their music was just out of this world, to the point grown men were high 5ing regardless of if they knew each other, and shaking with excitement for what was happening.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Mat said:

That was 2001, as Haku went on to team with Rikishi and feud with Taker/Kane before wrestlemania.

For me, and I may be being biased here as I was there, but WM33’s return of the Hardyz. The atmosphere when the first few beats hit of their music was just out of this world, to the point grown men were high 5ing regardless of if they knew each other, and shaking with excitement for what was happening.

I honestly think the last time I heard a pop like that was Rock/Hogan

Eric Bischoff's arrival as Raw general manager was a complete surprise.  IIRC they even snuck him in through backstage a minute before he went out, so nobody knew he was even in the building.

When he and Vince hug on stage, I believe that's the first time they ever met.

• Paid Members

Pedantic but Bischoff was a debut not a return!

Haku's a good shout. I remember watching that Rumble before work and I was ironing my shirt. I popped for the return and burnt my shirt.

Luckily just read this back before I posted "I was ironing my shit".

Sting's debut was a complete shock to me although not a return,however his reveal in place of the statue of Rollins was pretty surprising.

Apart from that the typical Hardys and Rock ones spring to mind as heard nothing online. Actually I think there were reports the Mania host would be Justin Bieber

Jake Roberts at Old School Raw in 2013 or 2014 is memorable as well

• Paid Members

We knew Kevin Nash was going to be at the Rumble, as opposed to being part of the Main Event Mafia when he managed to talk Dixie into releasing him and Booker T without any questions or a no compete clause on the Friday, but then this happened and stunned the world.:

Matt Striker sums it best with his not quite exclaimation of "Holy Shit!"

Archived