People you didn't get enough of

Carbomb

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, tiger_rick said:

Heel Doink. They turned him before they'd really scratched the surface. Such a brilliant gimmick but didn't do much outside that never ending feud with Crush, KOTR qualifiers with Perfect and popping up at SummerSlam 93.

I agree with this. A little while ago I watched nearly all WWF's 1993 stuff. On top of what you've mentioned, Doink's squash matches were better than the norm and he had two blinding matches with Marty Jannetty.

This might not really count, but while we're on the subject on RAW in 1993, Doink was the MVP of that first year alongside face Perfect and singles Jannetty. Due to Perfect's injuries and Jannetty's personal issues, we never got the most of them. Yes, Perfect was a great heel before that and Jannetty was a brilliant tag team wrestler, but both were electric on they early RAWs. We didn't get enough of them in that capacity. As you watch RAW through 93-94 the drop in talent clear.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Project Nim said:

What sold that to me back then was heel commentator Lawler not supporting it 

Yeah, when they used to do that occasionally with angles, it really sold the severity of the situations. Lawler was absolutely superb back then.

Disco Inferno, I know he was a round a fair while in WCW and I always enjoyed his stuff but after the company closed he almost vanished.

I desperately wanted to see the little prick turn up in WWF, I think he could have still been a brilliant mid/lower-midcard heel that could occasionally get into a mini fued with the big guys. A silly little thing with him claiming to invent the Stunner and then getting his ass handed to him would be wonderful, he'd work that hell out of that.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:35 AM, PowerButchi said:

Never agreed with that. It's either "Boo the special needs lad" or he lied about it and that would make every top guy in the company on Raw from 2004 an idiot. He'd have tricked HHH, Flair,  aorta, Benoit, Jericho, Regal and his own uncle GM Eric Bishoff. Makes no sense. 

Could have taken an unprotected chair shot to the head, naturally turning him into an evil genius. Pop would have been huge when he hit his head and reverted back. 

• Paid Members

I mean, considering how long his career actually was, I’m probably going to be accused of missing the point of the thread, but I really didn’t get enough Sid.

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

I mean, considering how long his career actually was, I’m probably going to be accused of missing the point of the thread, but I really didn’t get enough Sid.

Nah that makes sense, I wish he'd have stayed around in one fed and had a proper run at the top instead of fucking off for softball or throwing a wobbler.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

FTFY.

He looked like someone who was trying to stare at you from the corridor side of a hotel room peephole, with a forehead you could drape Shelton Benjamins mickey over and still have room before the bridge of the nose, but that was part of his beauty, Butcher.

Those were hair plugs though, weren't they? That's not bollocks, is it?

Archived