People you didn't get enough of

Carbomb

• Paid Members

The Right To Censor. A case of average talent making up a great group. Recruiting and warping people like The Wyatt Family but better. Godfather to Goodfather was class, I don’t care what people think.

When they forceably recruit Kat and she’s visibly distraught, it could have been a great way to have them escape as a huge Virgil/Dibiase moment except it was wasted on Kat who got sacked a week later.

Steven Richards and Ivory were decent leaders. 

Once it ended, not a single one of them ever did as well again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Tyler Reks was pretty awesome.

Also, the Basham Brothers. They were the perfect heel team for SD! around late 05-06. Brought something different to that of MNM at least.

• Paid Members

Heel Doink. They turned him before they'd really scratched the surface. Such a brilliant gimmick but didn't do much outside that never ending feud with Crush, KOTR qualifiers with Perfect and popping up at SummerSlam 93. 

Adam Bomb is one I concur with. Always thought he had a great look and decent work and just wished they'd do anything with him so I could really get behind him.

Gonna pretend no one ssid the fucking Basham Brothers 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

The Right To Censor. A case of average talent making up a great group. Recruiting and warping people like The Wyatt Family but better. Godfather to Goodfather was class, I don’t care what people think.

When they forceably recruit Kat and she’s visibly distraught, it could have been a great way to have them escape as a huge Virgil/Dibiase moment except it was wasted on Kat who got sacked a week later.

Steven Richards and Ivory were decent leaders. 

Once it ended, not a single one of them ever did as well again.

Stevie Night Heat?

• Awards Moderator

Stevie did work just as good as RTC on Heat and then again on ECW, but he never got the platform or exposure of RTC again. He was mixing it up with everyone in 2000-2001, whether ringside against the top tag teams of the time or taking Last Rides from Undertaker. Great work on Heat is fine but a fraction of the people would have seen it. So he may have done better but he didn’t do as well. Yes they’re different things.

Eugene. I think he could have had a good run as a heel after being massively over as a face. It all kind of died off after SummerSlam (if I remember correctly). But feel he could of been turned heel and gone in a different direction to keep his character relevant. 

Muhammad Hassan! May not have been special in the ring but boy was he getting reactions everywhere he went. Shame they went down the wrong route with him. I was looking forward to seeing him win a world title. I’m still hoping for a tiny backstage cameo at some point - if Mae Young’s handy-son can get one then so can this guy.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Eugene. I think he could have had a good run as a heel after being massively over as a face. It all kind of died off after SummerSlam (if I remember correctly). But feel he could of been turned heel and gone in a different direction to keep his character relevant. 

Never agreed with that. It's either "Boo the special needs lad" or he lied about it and that would make every top guy in the company on Raw from 2004 an idiot. He'd have tricked HHH, Flair,  aorta, Benoit, Jericho, Regal and his own uncle GM Eric Bishoff. Makes no sense. 

Edit: For Aorta read Orton, just love that autocorrect so much I'm leaving it in. 

Hade Vansen. I loved that one vignette that they aired on Smackdown, it felt really different and absolutely captured my attention.

I realise that’s about as cliched an answer as saying ‘Sean O’Haire’ but it had me intrigued.

On that note, let’s move on to my second pick: 

Sean O’Haire. Loved the vignettes, loved the look. Didn’t really love the pairing with Piper but hey, in my early days as a wrestling fan this was one of the first times I understood how important a ‘look’ could be and his menacing presence left me wanting to see how far this guy could go. 

Maybe he was a shitarse, maybe he was squandered potential. The fact we never really got to find out still makes him seem like a fascinating enigma to me.

• Paid Members

Bad News Barrett. Really fun gimmick which was over and could've lead to a face turn down the road, but Wade kept getting injured then they turned him into the much more boring King Barrett. Plus there was that time he did a promo on a UK Raw about how he wasn't gonna lose his title to a 'bloody Yank'. 

Loved me some BNB.

Archived