We built this shitty...

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Sorry, not sorry.

What's stuff that got build up and screen time and was dreadful? 

Big Show and Bossman for me. Three months the were at it leading to the title match at Armageddon. Three fucking months. Of horrendously tasteless stuff designed to get Show over as a sympathetic babyface. Still, only WCW didn't know how to book a giant.

I am torn on whether it was worth it for Bossman nicking the coffin at the "funeral". It probably was. The rest is months of shit though.

• Paid Members

It’s got to be Aces and Eights for me. Built up to be the biggest threat to TNAs resident goodies imaginable, then the masks started coming off and it was Mike Knox.

• Paid Members

Dawn Marie & the Wilsons. No purpose to any of it, was pure crap all the way through - when you've got Dawn-Marie in sexy lingerie and your main response is to cringe, it's got to be terrible.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Supremo said:

How long did Sasha and Bayley tease splitting up? Honestly felt like it went on for years, filled with shitty segments and then they didn't even pay it off!

Oh you can argue it's still going on. I'd imagine the reasoning behind their tag title reign is to eventually use it to kick start a feud between them. We'll all be dead by the time that happens, though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I am torn on whether it was worth it for Bossman nicking the coffin at the "funeral". It probably was. 

It absolutely was. One of my favourite ever moments, that.

Who ran over Stone Cold reveal turned out to be exceptionally shitty in the end given the length of the angle. Ruined fun Rikishi, and attempted to give Triple H more heel hit he didn't need at the peak of his powers in 2000. Plus that horrendous forklift car drop angle at Survivor Series, and Austin going around for a month or two sulking, stunning everyone and generally acting the cunt.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, air_raid said:

It’s got to be Aces and Eights for me. Built up to be the biggest threat to TNAs resident goodies imaginable, then the masks started coming off and it was Mike Knox.

As soon a Bubba got in with Hogan's daughter you knew it was him behind it all. 

Trying to set Styles up as the "Sting" character of this "definitely not a rehash of the nWo" intriguing storyline.

Highlight of the whole angle was the wedding. 

"Go and help Mark. " 

"Dad, my boob's out." 

Anyway, can I make the suggestion of Immortal and the "teased" return of the Main Event Mafia as the heroes of the piece. Crimson in a suit talking about how "they're coming" in an attempt to call back to the whole setting up of Immortal in the first place. All the little vignettes right up until the episode before the reveal then Diesel and Booker T turn up in the Royal Rumble the Sunday before the episode of iMPACT before they're supposed to be reforming the MEM forcing TNA to hotshot turn Fortune instead, with a massively underwhelming reception. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Id argue the Nexus angle could be a shout for this. An amazing start with them destroying everyone and being dominant for weeks. Then they lost at Summerslam to team WWE and did that stupid angle where John Cena was their slave. Then he got fired but was still on tv every week. Then CM Punk became leader and feuded with Orton who punted every member back to NXT. Had so much promise but ultimately ended up being a massive waste of time. I mean other than Daniel Bryan who was only a member for a week the only original member still on the roster is Heath Slater amazingly.