The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Panhead said:

Is there any talk of when Weili Zhang will next defend her title? Strawweight was one of the most exciting divisions a couple of years ago. Looking at the rankings, there's still some interesting fights to be made. 

Nothing’s been confirmed yet but Dana said over the weekend that the plan is Zhang vs Rose Namajunas next somewhere in Asia. If not Rose, he said it’ll probably be Carla Esparza. Hopefully it’s Rose. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Nothing’s been confirmed yet but Dana said over the weekend that the plan is Zhang vs Rose Namajunas next somewhere in Asia. If not Rose, he said it’ll probably be Carla Esparza. Hopefully it’s Rose. 

I'd rather it was Rose too. I'm surprised they haven't crowned an intern champion. Having said that, I don't remember them ever doing that for a Women's title. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Carla Esparza main eventing or even challenging for a title sounds one of the least appealing fights of all time. 

Obviously Zhang should be smashing her but there's always a chance.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, neil said:

Sean O'Malley has gone from being a guy who I was excited to see fight, these days he's a guy I'm excited to see get beat.

Bang on. Piss-awful dude-bro.