The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think I’d seen his name pop up but never took much notice until I saw some of the reaction to his signing yesterday. Had a quick look at some footage on YouTube and he looks the business. As always, mostly against unknown opposition but we’ll find out what he’s about soon enough.

By the way, that December 19th card is looking incredible so far. Look at this lot...

Leon Edwards vs Khamzat Chimaev 

Wonderboy Thompson vs Geoff Neal 

Marlon Moraes vs Rob Font 

Alexandre Pantoja vs Manel Kape 

Matt Schnell vs Tyson Nam 

Belal Muhammad vs TBA

Rick Glenn vs Carlton Minus 

Deron Winn vs Antonio Braga Neto

Tafon Nchukwi vs Jamie Pickett 

Alexandr Shabliy vs TBA

This is just a Fight Night! 

On 11/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Alexandr Shabliy has signed with the UFC. Makes his debut on the Edwards vs Chimaev card on Dec 19th. Opponent TBA.

Remember back in the day the definition of an MMA fighter was shorts with flames on them and bad tattoos?

Well, today it's a name no one can pronounce and a shit beard with no moustache. How many of these generic looking fuckers are on the go now?

• Paid Members

I really hope Max can get back in the win column with this one. For someone of his level and ability, to go 1-4 in his last five just feels wrong. Fingers crossed this is the start of another winning run for him.