The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

During the fight night card this past week i saw the trailer for the new UFC documentary declassified (documenting the whole first run on fight island) 
I cannot recommend this enough it is by far the best UFC documentary they have ever produced. The 3 hours absolutely flew by.  

• Paid Members

Kamaru Usman is out of a December title defence against Gilbert Burns. Lots of noise being made about the UFC now setting up Burns/Edwards. Burns has already shot it down saying he'll wait, Edwards has got involved:

its the break/bit of luck Edward needs. Only problem is, i dont Usman is out for an extended period, just needs a bit more time so the UFC may sit on it.

• Paid Members

Yeah from what I read Usman vs Burns could still happen in January so if it’s only going to be a few weeks they might as well stick with that plan. I think Covington vs Masvidal is already in the works as well, sure Dana said Colby’s agreed to it and they’re just waiting on Masvidal. Edwards is going to be the odd man out again. He’s playing a risky game thinking he can just sit out and wait for the title shot. He’s on a good streak but he’s not the most exciting or marketable fighter and there’s always something more appealing going on at the top of 170 so it’s not like they don’t have other options. It’d be a risk but he might be better just taking that Wonderboy fight everyone’s on about. If he wins that impressively it’s going to be harder to pass him over than if he just sits out moaning from the sidelines. I can see why he wants to wait but it’s probably not going to work out too well for him. 

• Paid Members

Dunno if anyone has seen it, but Mike Perry has said that if anyone wants to pay him $25k they can corner him against Robbie Lawler. So Darren Till has set up a gofundme to raise the funds so he can go corner Perry. Almost 3k raised so far.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-darren-till-to-corner-mike-perry?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=sms&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

File under: What the fuck.

IMG_20201006_204758.thumb.jpg.a9b893cecddb40abfbfb405b8ffccff6.jpg

• Paid Members

Today

Full Card For ONE: REIGN OF DYNASTIES

• Sam-A Gaiyanghadao vs. Josh Tonna (ONE Strawweight Muay Thai World Title)
  • Aleksi Toivonen vs. Reece McLaren (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
  • Amir Khan vs. Rahul Raju (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
  • Eko Roni Saputra vs. Murugan Silvarajoo (mixed martial arts – catch weight of 63.5 kgs)
  • Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke vs. Hexigetu (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
  • Roshan Mainam vs. Liu Peng Shuai (mixed martial arts – flyweight)

• Paid Members

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

anyone else listen to this rambling mess of an interview? Tony dont half talk some shit. I dont even think he knows what point hes tryi to make.

Chap's an absolute lunatic. Parts of me love him all the more for it, because it's not an act, but what happens when he stops fighting? He's hardly going into punditry or podcasting and I fear he's going to wind up cracked in the head altogether and his millions of fans who find his hieroglyphic social media posts and incoherent interviews won't find it cute anymore, because he's no longer relevant and just some mad cunt who used to fight and shadowbox while barearsed on a cactus or something
Bonkers interview though. The verbal equivalent of this:

tenor.gif