The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fuck Bethe Correira’s retirement that nobody gives a shite about. Charles Oliveira vs Beneil Dariush is off.

2020 can seriously dine on my arse crack. 

Is it because Charles Oliveira tested positive as a zombie? The shot of him in that photo. Get that man a drip and a good spud dinner. 

• Paid Members

Yeah that was a real diamond of a fight that. It could have been the launching pad that one of them needed to get a top five or six opponent next as well. 

Speaking of Lightweights, anyone seen Al Iaquinta on a milk carton yet?

• Paid Members

Between Leon Edwards and Ryan Hall not being able to get fights, I do have to wonder just how much power the UFC must have to force match-ups. I mean, all matches will have one guy ranked higher than the other, so surely promotions need to be able to compel fights to prevent the higher-ranked fighters refusing matches? It seems insane that a fighter's career can be in limbo just because people don't see an upside in fighting them.

12 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Leon Scott cant catch a break, even the guys ranked below him dont wanna fight him

I listened to that interview and that title along with the youtube title of the video I watched is complete click bait. He doesn't say he's uninterested at all. He says he just wants to fight and would take anyone the UFC gives him. He says he would love to fight Nick Diaz and then speaks for about 2 minutes on how great Leon is and how he deserves a title fight and how he is the scariest guy in the division for everyone to face. He definitely didn't seem uninterested in it. If anything he was scared to fight him

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I like this.

Fantastic news. So now, instead of staying up all night and heading into work, I can come home from the hell hole, crack open a beer and watch this monster of a card with a chippy tea. Brilliant. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

you sold it to me with chippy tea WeeAl

Maybe that should be the rule for watching this one Egg? All have to get our usual chippy tea on the table to kick off the PPV. 

• Paid Members

Just read that Ankalaev vs Cutelaba 2 is back on. For UFC 254. So these fights are all confirmed or rumoured for 254 now...

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje (LW Title)

Tony Ferguson vs Dustin Poirier

Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Yair Rodriguez 

Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier 

Rafael Dos Anjos vs Islam Makhachev 

Magomed Ankalaev vs Ion Cutelaba 2

Alexander Volkov vs Walt Harris 

Umar Nurmagomedov vs Sergey Morozov 

Cynthia Calvillo vs Lauren Murphy 

Da Un Jung vs Sam Alvey

Liana Jojua vs Miranda Maverick

I know we’re going to get a load of pullouts but surely they’re not even trying to put all this on the same show. What an absolute monster of a card this would be. I doubt they’re actually targeting all of this for 254 though. I can definitely see Zabit vs Yair winding up on another card, there must be a reason for the holdup getting that one confirmed. Honestly though, a chippy tea isn’t going to be enough to settle me down for this.