The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think Hermansson gives most of the division fits on the ground. Watching his fight with Jacare showed me all I need to know on that score. He can go with pretty much anyone in the grappling and do just fine. Be interesting to see how Till tackles that one. If he can keep it standing he’ll probably do alright but I don’t see him blowing through Hermansson there either so it’s a tough one. If The Joker submits him, after breezing through Gastelum, he’s right back in the game for a title shot. 

Edit - Okamoto reporting now that Amanda Nunes vs Megan Anderson is on for UFC 256 in December. Can’t see that belt going anywhere. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

That's got "Caution - Danger" written all over it. They kind of had to fight at some point. Contemporaries with such action oriented styles, at the top of their division at the same time. It would have been weird if they weren't booked against each other before long. 

Ferguson needs Khabib to win and Poirier needs Gaethje to win, to have the best road to a title fight, should they win themselves. 

• Paid Members

I really like Sterling as well but I don’t know. I’m a big fan of Yan as well so I’m just going to sit back and enjoy that one. I’m just happy to see 135 properly rolling now after being held hostage by Legotwat for an age. 

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

I've not spent much time watching or listening to GAD, so I can only take people's word for it about him.

However, just watched that video, and the proverb "the empty can rattles the loudest" comes to mind.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I've not spent much time watching or listening to GAD, so I can only take people's word for it about him.

However, just watched that video, and the proverb "the empty can rattles the loudest" comes to mind.

He's low hanging fruit to poke fun at. 

But the stick he gets is mostly justified. The David Brent of MMA journalism. 

6 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

He's low hanging fruit to poke fun at. 

But the stick he gets is mostly justified. The David Brent of MMA journalism. 

Its odd but on the Boxrec forum whenever GAD gets brought up and all the British boxing fans there complain about what a dickhead he is, there is always this one guy who exclaims what an epic "swordsman" he is and that he has a giant penis that all the women love. I'm convinced this is Gareth himself.