The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

Yeah the TUF thing was talked about a few weeks back. I don’t like it. Like you say, Costa spends much of his time injured as it is. Having them coach TUF just drags things out longer and gives him more time to hurt himself. If it’s the usual old TUF timescale with the first episode airing in September, then we’re looking at waiting until the end of the year until they’re actually in the cage. Without TUF they could fight as soon as Sep/Oct time and still have a decent camp. Fuck TUF. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I like listening to DC on it, but Helwani has pretty much lost me. I let it download, but I rarely get round to listening before the next week's episode anymore. Simply because Helwani is such a McGregor jock sniffer, that every conversation inevitably comes back to McGregor, no matter how flimsy the link is.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah the TUF thing was talked about a few weeks back. I don’t like it. Like you say, Costa spends much of his time injured as it is. Having them coach TUF just drags things out longer and gives him more time to hurt himself. If it’s the usual old TUF timescale with the first episode airing in September, then we’re looking at waiting until the end of the year until they’re actually in the cage. Without TUF they could fight as soon as Sep/Oct time and still have a decent camp. Fuck TUF. 

How would that even work? The company are having to put on legit world title fights halfway around the world, so would it really be feasible to chuck a load of unknowns into a house to live together? Are they gonna test them every 48 hours? What about coaches as well? Same there?

It would be a hell of an expense for a group of guys who are most likely gonna amount to fuck all.