The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

Don’t know who this MikeLovesTacos bloke is so not sure how credible this is, but this would’ve been pretty sweet. Forgot they’d even signed Prochazka.

717FF490-774A-4CC6-B622-7A1950855F1C.jpeg

And yeah, I know it was posted on April Fools Day 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

If anyone’s at a loose end, BT Sport 3 is showing UFC 189 from 9pm.

One of the best UFC cards ever. McGregor vs Mendes and LAWLER VS MACDONALD 2! Plus Jeremy Stephens vs Dennis Bermudez in a brilliant fight that would’ve pissed it for FOTN on almost any other night. And a fun Thomas Almeida vs Brad Pickett opener. Worse ways to spend a Wednesday night. 

Edit - just clocked that UFC 188 is on straight after it as well. Worth a look if you haven’t seen Werdum vs Cain. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Probably won’t even happen anyway. Between the current situation with the virus plus both Cejudo and Cruz’s track records with injuries, I’m not expecting it to actually go ahead. If it does though, needless to say I’m Team Cruz. And I’m not even a big Cruz fan. 

D0D81902-DB7C-4708-8B94-934B7D31E1B0.jpeg

• Paid Members
On 4/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, jimufctna24 said:

The UFC have also managed to poach Rizin BW Champion Manel Kape - https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/3/31/21201755/ufc-signs-rizin-bantamweight-sensation-manel-kape-champion-mma-news

That pretty much confirms that Horguchi will rematch Asakura for the vacant title later this year. 

Didn't see this. Nice to see some new blood in at Bantamweight.  Much needed. 

Was reading something earlier and it mentioned a promotion called BodogFight that sounded interesting. Anyone got any articles or information about it? I had a look myself and couldn't find much interesting. 

Also links to any decent fights would be appreciated. 

• Paid Members

I didn’t see a whole lot of Bodog but plenty of big names passed through there from Fedor Emelianenko to Chael Sonnen to Cain Velasquez to Eddie Alvarez. 

Just seen on MMA Fighting’s Twitter that Yoel Romero vs Chris Weidman 2 was on tap for UFC 250 before the schedule got shelved. Is Sean Shelby in Weidman’s will or something?