The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

There are some great fights coming up on these PPV's, really great. I have to cover every third weekend in my workplace, and it's just fell shite for this next while. Two shows I would have stayed up for due to the excitement level, Adesanya Vs Romero and Khabib Vs Tony, I'll be working that weekend. Although to be honest I think I'll just stay up for Khabib Vs Mad Tony and go on into work afterwards when it finishes. It just means no pints at the same time unfortunately 😒.

It does mean I'm off 'Mania weekend though and can rest up ahead of the marathon that night and only need to book the Monday off to recover from the 24 hour show I'll have just watched. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

This came out of the blue. If I was Scott Coker I’d be getting on the blower pronto;

067EBCF2-82B2-43FD-84E3-3091E078A58B.jpeg

Surely he will? Surely? It's got to be about the safest signing you can make. He was never that big a name so he presumably wont demand silly money and maybe just maybe there is untapped potential there. Oh and of course he is almost guaranteed to have a fun fight. 

Also to all those numpties bitching on twitter to get out of WWE whilst also slating  them. This is how you respectfully ask for your release.

Edited by ElCece

• Paid Members

Don’t know if you’ve all seen it but Brian Ortega slapped Korean Zombie’s translator at cageside at UFC 248 on Saturday night. And waited until KZ went for a piss to do it. Zombie is fuming. 

E9DC7FDF-5EF9-4830-B451-886CCA727F9A.jpeg

ED7C9E92-4AE6-4722-9AC8-BB26B1144415.jpeg

Its a real scumbag move if he did that, its something you would expect from a Diaz brother or Conor. Ortega I thought was supposed to be a nice enough guy.

Jay Park is a pretty famous singer in South Korea btw. My missus is a fan. He is about 5ft2 and a 100 pounds. He is not a threat to anyone which makes this even more daft.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Its a real scumbag move if he did that, its something you would expect from a Diaz brother or Conor. Ortega I thought was supposed to be a nice enough guy.

Jay Park is a pretty famous singer in South Korea btw. My missus is a fan. He is about 5ft2 and a 100 pounds. He is not a threat to anyone which makes this even more daft.

Not just that - he's a civilian, he's not involved. Theoretically, Park could press assault charges. Ortega should be fined or suspended, the thick fuck.

• Paid Members

A police report has been filed according to MMA Junkie. 

4 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Ortega I thought was supposed to be a nice enough guy.

I used to think that but between this and that time he was sat with Cain shouting ‘puto’ at Jeremy Stephens and celebrating Yair Rodriguez poking fuck out of his eye, he’s turned heel for me.