The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

The Conor trilogy fight might happen but I’m not holding my breath. It’s just as likely Conor is in jail by then for rape. And even if he gets off with that you know it’ll be something else. No guarantees with anything in MMA but especially regarding a clearly downward spiralling Conor McGregor. At one point I thought the option for Diaz vs McGregor 3 would always be there as a backup for both if they need a big fight. Now not so much. 

I'm not sure what kind of sentence he would get for rape in Ireland, but even so, you have to imagine that going down for something like that would pretty much end his career. I couldn't see the UFC bringing him back after he's out of prison.

Also, it looks like police have released images of a person of interest in the disappearance of Walt Harris daughter captured on video surveillance at the convenience store where Blanchard was last seen. The footage is believed to be of a black man in his early 20s, between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-10 and weighing approximately 200 pounds. The man was observed leaving the area in a silver or gray late 2000s model Lincoln Town Car.

Don't see this ending well to be honest.

Edited by David

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not sure what kind of sentence he would get for rape in Ireland, but even so, you have to imagine that going down for something like that would pretty much end his career. I couldn't see the UFC bringing him back after he's out of prison.

230px-He's_Back.jpg

I know times are supposedly different from back in 95, but Conor will make somebody some money and we all know his fanboys will probably invent some god-awful victim blaming conspiracy to protect their messiah.

I said the Same he will come back for the connor trilogy but you know what fair play to the guy he knows what he is worth and he isn't being unreasonable in what hes saying. I dont disagree that the rematch isn't the way to go now for masvidal however I do think dana underutilise him 

Someone would do business with McGregor upon release from jail. Nevertheless, I am not sure the UFC, as the world's premiere MMA promotion, could justify doing business with him again. It would cause the promotion all sorts of PR issues in this day and age. The accusations are too serious and the accused has too big of a profile. 

I've never read up on Tyson's case properly, but I do know that some people doubted that he was guilty. I am not sure whether that perception was based in ignorance or not. However, the accuser in the McGregor case has been described as having a good character, and the professionals who treated after the alleged incident had no reason to doubt her sincerity. Of course, the full details will come out in court and justice will hopefully be served. Nevertheless, as it stands now, it really sounds like McGregor is guilty and if the evidence does indeed stack up against him, and leads to his conviction, then it will become increasingly difficult for his fanatics and the UFC to form any sort of defence for him. 

I can genuinely see this ending with McGregor getting blackballed from the UFC should he be convicted. 

Edited by jimufctna24