The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

I’m amazed it’s taken this long. Even last year when they first started running cards again during the initial lockdown, fighters would be facing off masked up at the weigh ins while Dana’s big pink unmasked face would be right there in the middle inches away from them. He’s also one of those pillocks who kept trotting out shite like ‘I think we’ll see this thing (COVID) disappear once the election is over.’ Like the whole world is gonna be in on manufacturing a global pandemic just because Biden vs Trump is going on in the US. Staggering thickness mixed with Yank self importance. He’s definitely one of them ‘well I don’t know anyone who’s died of it’ twats. Rogan’s the same. Acting like you’re a bitch if you wear a mask and stuff. 

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Loved how Bill Burr put him in his place on his own podcast: "Ah, Joe, you're so tough with your open nose and throat."

Joe Rogan, for as much as I dislike his MMA commentary, is the podcast king. His show makes up 4.5% of Spotify's global listening audience, and he was paid $100 million to essentially chat absolute bollocks with his friends.

It's not my cup of tea, but no one puts him in his place. He owns "the place" while the likes of Bill Burr gets less than 100k hits on his free podcast. Rogan is the man when it comes to podcasting.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, David said:

Joe Rogan, for as much as I dislike his MMA commentary, is the podcast king. His show makes up 4.5% of Spotify's global listening audience, and he was paid $100 million to essentially chat absolute bollocks with his friends.

It's not my cup of tea, but no one puts him in his place. He owns "the place" while the likes of Bill Burr gets less than 100k hits on his free podcast. Rogan is the man when it comes to podcasting.

I get that, I just mean he made him look stupid with it, metaphorically put him in his place. It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it hopefully gets through to at least a few of Rogan's audience that it's a rather cretinous outlook to equate wearing masks with being weak or soft.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I get that, I just mean he made him look stupid with it, metaphorically put him in his place. It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it hopefully gets through to at least a few of Rogan's audience that it's a rather cretinous outlook to equate wearing masks with being weak or soft.

I'd wager that it won't. We don't live in a time where anyone on any side of any divide takes on board the views of others and considers changing their own outlook.

Everyone now just digs in deeper and becomes more entrenched.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

They still haven’t confirmed a main event for that one yet but there was talk of Darren Till vs Uriah Hall a few weeks back and over the last few days I’ve seen rumours of Arnold Allen vs Dan Hooker. If it’s out of those two then Allen vs Hooker gets my vote all day but we’ll see. Probably be a newly re-signed Katlyn Chookagian 5 rounder or something now. 

AAB5CD46-CA7C-4104-A15E-299B4A53FE8A.gif

• 4 months later...
  • David changed the title to The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

It seems the idea of Yair vs Emmett for an interim title is being discussed. Insanity.

Volkanovski only fought a few weeks ago, and while he's scheduled for hand surgery, we're talking about a guy who has defended his title twice this year already. Why do we need an interim title?