The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

There’s a bunch of the English, Scottish, Welsh fighters I really like. Arnold Allen, Lerone Murphy, Tom Aspinall, Davey Grant, Jack Shore, Mason Jones, Paul Craig, Joanne Cal…err Wood. Outside the UFC there’s Brendan Loughnane. I think it’s really only Till and Pimblett I don’t like. 

• Paid Members

Fucking Sam Alvey. A fight Kevin Lee might actually win too, despite the weight difference. Shame that, Lee is certainly worth a spot on such a bloated roster no matter if he has hit his ceiling or not. 

• Paid Members

I think Sam Alvey might actually be paying Dana White to fight in the UFC. 

Pretty shitty for Lee, but he's been in a real weird position for a while now. Never really progressed after getting a couple of notable wins and always seemed to have issues with cardio which lost him a few fights. His name always appeared bigger than his fighting ability. The suicide of his coach no doubt really fucked with him. 

I'm not justifying the UFC's release practices, but apparently he was on €100k+ for show and win, so it's a no brainer to them when he's started to lose to unranked guys. 

PFL or Bellator are good landing places for him, although I do suspect he ends up back in the UFC if he can pad out his record a little. 

Edited by Silky Kisser