The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

When you actually step outside of the MMA bubble, you realise just how ridiculous Dana White is. Could you even imagine Adam Silver of the NBA responding on social media like this with one of their top talents? Or Roger Goodell? 

It's shows exactly how bush-league, small-time UFC really is. It's a joke, and always will be with this chump running the show, making a complete full of himself on social media consistently.

• Paid Members

Dana’s fucking ridiculous with this stuff and has been forever. Helwani’s been tweeting a bit about this today, some stuff on Hunter Campbell;

F410-B77-A-8-A98-43-AF-99-BE-BFD0-CE34-C

80766916-3805-4-D6-C-82-DF-6-E97-F5-F693

9362-AB35-496-E-4-F06-A569-5-E244-AE30-C

The whole situation is barmy. The fact that Dana’s throwing a tantrum at Ngannou’s management is probably a good indicator that Ngannou’s got himself some good management. 

Of course, they haven’t actually stripped Ngannou of his title. Yet anyway. But this is clearly a move done to send him a message that it’s coming if he doesn’t play nice. Makes me wonder who the other examples were who Helwani hinted at them threatening with similar silly bollocks like this. Somehow, I’ve got a feeling they didn’t even suggest stripping Conor McGregor back when he held the Lightweight title up for well over a year while he was playing boxer with Mayweather and his team were arsing about editing the Malignaggi sparring footage in 2017. 

• Paid Members

This is good. Tatiana Suarez is finally coming back.

She was one of the best prospects at Strawweight but was plagued by injuries. Flyweight might actually be a better fit for her as well. Hopefully the layoff hasn’t taken too much away from her. Her wrestling really sets her apart from most in the division and, although I don’t see her actually beating Valentina Shevchenko, at least she brings something different to test her with. 

• Paid Members

Didnt see his fight last weekend, but from what i have saw he looks legit. he's got that charisma and star quality about him too that makes him stand out from the pack, cant even say what it is exactly, he just has it. One defence and he'll no doubt end be in the UFC.

• Paid Members

Big fight for Paul Craig this.

This is the card they’re targeting for London as well. It’s already got Derek Brunson vs Darren Till on it and I’ve seen reports of Nathaniel Wood vs Jonathan Martinez today. Shaping up nicely. I’m guessing this is the card where Paddy Twatface Pimblett will debut as well. Wouldn’t mind seeing him against Bryce Mitchell. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

How good is Cage Warriors Welterweight Champ Ian Garry ?

Talks of the UFC being his next stop, but haven’t seen too much of his actual fights to know how good he actually is.

You should get on his Cage Warriors fights, as it's not a daunting back catalogue. The McManus and Akman fights in particular show what he's about.

He split from KF - from what I've heard - for giving it the Billy Big Bollocks for the last few months, and I think his missus took over his management or something. Again though, all hearsay from around the area.
But yeah, he seems the real deal (not even mentioning his marketability) and he's genuinely an absolute next level specimen in person, and I could very well fall plums first on my sword here, but I think this chap is going to be a serious name in a couple of years, if even.

12 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

You should get on his Cage Warriors fights, as it's not a daunting back catalogue. The McManus and Akman fights in particular show what he's about.

He split from KF - from what I've heard - for giving it the Billy Big Bollocks for the last few months, and I think his missus took over his management or something. Again though, all hearsay from around the area.
But yeah, he seems the real deal (not even mentioning his marketability) and he's genuinely an absolute next level specimen in person, and I could very well fall plums first on my sword here, but I think this chap is going to be a serious name in a couple of years, if even.

Layla Anna-Lee

That’s his Mrs / New Manager that the  KF lads were talking about .

https://instagram.com/laylaannalee?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by RancidPunx

6 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

He's not with her with her though, is he? He does walk around Swords in Dublin here with some other wan.
I thought the Layla Anna-Lee / Ian Garry romance thing was just a wind up? Is she his manager???
Every day's a school day really, isn't it?

Yep, they are stepping out alright..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQmj3G1pMFF/?utm_medium=copy_link

She’s a cracker to be fair ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJMTOrXJK3N/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Paid Members

The date is accurate, there’s definitely a card on Sep 4th. But London isn’t 100% confirmed as the place so timezones will depend on that. If it ends up in the US, obviously it won’t clash with anything.