The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

Oh yes.

So Gaethje vs Chandler and Ferguson vs Dariush. By process of elimination I think this means we’re probably getting Dos Anjos vs Makhachev as well. But then that leaves Charles Oliveira holding his cock. Unless McGregor’s doing his usual thing after he loses and taking a long sulky break. That wouldn’t bother me one bit actually. Then we can get Poirier vs Oliveira on and crown a new champ. 

• Paid Members

I'm fine with it with the idea that it'll put another notch on Usman's belt, and shut down the talk that Masvidal might have won if "he hadn't taken the fight on six days notice bro". It'll hopefully give some rub to those two title matches below it - Zhang Vs Namajunas and Shevchenko Vs Andrade. 

The biggest news of the whole thing though, is that it's going to take place in just a few weeks time, with a full crowd, indoors. That has taken me by surprise a bit. 

• Paid Members

Its a nightmare matchup for Masvidal even with a full camp, but i understand why the UFC are doing it. I dont think another loss really hurts Masvidal either unless Usman changes things up drastically. Jorge will have big fights lined up after this whatever happens, and this puts another big spotlight on Usman.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

The UFC are also trying to book McGregor vs DP 3 for July. 

Helwani won't be happy that he went with the Chandler/Gaethje fight as the scoop!

Yeah like @Egg Shen, I'm pretty surprised they are going with this one for the belt and not a fight including Dustin Poirier at one side of the cage. 

15 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Helwani won't be happy that he went with the Chandler/Gaethje fight as the scoop!

Yeah like @Egg Shen, I'm pretty surprised they are going with this one for the belt and not a fight including Dustin Poirier at one side of the cage. 

Doesn’t really make sense for Poirier right now. Beat Conor, then the title shot is there for him. Lose to Chandler/Oliveira/Gaethje (all more difficult fights right now), then the Conor fight either goes away entirely or the purse drops.

• Paid Members

McGregor doesn’t deserve it anyway. Mr I’ve won one fight in the last 4 years and haven’t won a fight at Lightweight since 2016. Balls to him. I don’t care that he’s a draw. He should be behind Poirier, Oliveira, Chandler, Gaethje, Ferguson, Dariush, the lot.

I’m well happy with Oliveira vs Chandler. Then throw in Poirier vs McGregor 3, Ferguson vs Dariush, RDA vs Makhachev and Gaethje vs...someone. Gaethje vs Diaz would be fun but good luck getting Nate back in there. Nothing but bangers.

It’s only taken Dana 5 months to accept that Khabib’s done. He retired in October and never wavered once despite being asked over and over, but the pink fuck wouldn’t have it.