The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members

im sure they get them, that's the main argument for having interim champions, it isnt just a nice shiny belt to carry around, you actually get the champion perks when you hold one.

If thats the case though, how do they convince champions to fight on non-ppv shows?

• Paid Members

That's a weak as hell card there. Interested in Brok Weaver Vs Roosevelt Roberts, seeing Kevin Holland back in there so quick, and Blagoy Ivanov is a tough lump of a man who I don't mind seeing do well so hopefully he picks up a win here. The main event is exciting looking though and who knows what Woodley is going to look like, at 38 years old, 15 months after being swept by Usman, whilst seemingly spending most of his free time thinking he's Tupac. 

• Paid Members

It’s madness. Even under current circumstances. Even most of the prelims on the last couple of Fight Nights would’ve been more deserving of a headline spot than that. And to think the Sterling vs Sandhagen fight at UFC 250 is only a 3 rounder yet this load of wank will be 5.

Rumours all over Twitter that Usman vs McGregor is being talked about for the July PPV now. What the fuck? Of all the fights I’d be down for featuring either of them, that wasn’t one of them. Hopefully it’s bollocks. Although it would be funny watching Usman ragdoll the little dickhead. 

• Paid Members

Sounds like Ali tweeted it as a potential fight for McGregor and people have ran with it. It's actually something i could see happening, if McGregor gets smashed which id expect he can say he was out of his best division and likely gets wrestled to death so his fanbase will claim Usman was afraid to stand with him. If Conor somehow wins, he's the first 3 division Champion, and you have to know he wants that status on his resume. 

• Paid Members

The amount of twats running with the ‘he was scared to stand’ shite after McGregor said ‘Khabib was jus huggin me legs’ is hilarious. Why was McGregor scared to grapple with him? He was desperately trying to defend the takedowns so he must’ve been terrified, right? 

I don’t get the Usman vs McGregor thing. Even with the ‘I was out of my division’ excuse a loss still does nothing good for him. Plus what happened to Usman vs Masvidal? 

• Paid Members

Jose Aldo vs Petr Yan is being targeted to crown a new Bantamweight champion now Cejudo’s retired.

All the reaction to this seems to be ‘Seriously?’ and ‘WTF?’ I don’t get it. This was a pretty obvious route that they were always likely to take surely. Yan’s been on the cusp anyway and I think most would have had him either next in line or one win away. And Aldo, despite the loss to Moraes, was already supposed to face Cejudo for the title before the schedule went wonky when the virus hit. I feel sorry for Moraes. Whether you agreed with the decision or not, he got the win over Aldo and now he’s being treated like Jehovah’s Witness and getting doors shut on him left and right. But I don’t know what else MMA media and fans expected. Sterling, Sandhagen, Assuncao, Garbrandt, Edgar, Munhoz are all booked. They could’ve done Yan vs Moraes but that would leave Aldo without a dance partner and, like I said, he was the guy who was in line for Cejudo anyway.

And all that aside, Aldo vs Yan is a hell of a fucking fight.

No surprise who’s feigning surprise/outrage...

FD32BEC6-BB33-4C8E-B520-37F6D5F4D089.jpeg

9A3026E7-C2C9-4FD5-B982-EF2A37B0E55F.jpeg