The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

its an absolutely mental situation, i dont really see what the UFC are gaining by continuing to run shows at this point?

I assume they're happy that as long as all the fighters are healthy, they can run the event in empty arenas & forgo the live gate. But in return get more PPV/advertising revenue as other sports are cancelled & more people are staying at home so they'll have a captive (literally) audience?

• Paid Members

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/michael-chandler-free-agency/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Michael Chandler to test free agency. Chandler is probably past his prime at this point but theres so many fights in the UFC id love to see him have. The One trilogy with Eddie Alvarez too.

Feels like he's run his course in Bellator, he's fought everyone. 

• Paid Members

Love that news. Like egg says, he might be past his best but there's a fuck tonne of possibilities for him in UFC. I've got to think he's interested in PFL too, as he could probably piss through their Lightweight tournament.

Chandler vs Gaethje? vs Pettis?  vs Felder?  Really, pair him against anyone in that division and it's a fight to look forward to.

• Paid Members

As fun as Chandler in the UFC could be (if there’s still a UFC by then), the fight I want to see him in most is that Eddie Alvarez rubber match. Shame they weren’t both in the UFC at the same time and we could’ve got the third fight on the big stage. I’ll take it in ONE or Bellator though. Just want to see that fight.

The time for Chandler to make the biggest impact in the UFC has obviously gone. I think if he’d come in around the time Alvarez jumped over, around 2014/15ish, he might’ve done well in that mix against Pettis, RDA, Eddie. I think that division is just too deep now for him to really be in that top 5 mix. But like you’ve both said, plenty of good fights to make still. I’d love to see him against Dustin Poirier or Dan Hooker myself. A Cerrone fight would probably be fun as well. Just give me one last fight with Eddie first. 

• Paid Members

If anyone’s having MMA withdrawals and fancies watching some UFC tonight, BT Sport are showing UFC’s 167 and 168 in a big block from 9pm tonight.

UFC 167

Georges St Pierre vs Johny Hendricks 

Rashad Evans vs Chael Sonnen

Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald 1

Tyron Woodley vs Josh Koscheck 

Ali Bagautinov vs Tim Elliott

UFC 168 

Chris Weidman vs Anderson Silva 2

Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate 2

Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne

Jim Miller vs Fabricio Camoes

Dustin Poirier vs Diego Brandao

Some decent stuff on those two shows. 

1DC28A21-E5CF-4EAA-BC33-46F238255D5B.jpeg

Latest from the fistic Caesar....

The fights that were rescheduled, I need to knock them out, I need to squeeze them in somewhere, and yes, we will resume our regular schedule. 

They might be with no crowd, they might be somewhere else. I don’t know how this is going to play out over the next several months, but these fights will happen, and I will have them.

To make up for these events that we’re supposed to happen, they might be on a Wednesday, they might be on a Friday.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Well what a pair of absolute fucking cunts Ashlee Evans-Smith and her boyfriend turned out to be. 

83680E8A-24B0-4CC6-88C6-534CC006CAE7.jpeg

13EFEA47-EFC5-4CD3-A678-78CB0CFC041F.jpeg

There’s a video on the woman’s Facebook page but I can’t get it to play because I’m not on Facebook. Here’s the link, maybe it’ll work for you;

https://m.facebook.com/1043895207/posts/10219687657635659/?d=n

Edited by wandshogun09